Turtle Beach VelocityOne Flight Universal Control System

Maybe they will bring out a set of pedals to go with it at a later time. This might just be a case of them testing the water, as it were. If it takes off, and they see demand for rudder pedals, they might build them too.

That’s a lot of “if’s” though.

1 Like

Possibly, but I highly doubt it. They push the triggers too much in their materials. I am pretty convinced this is a one-off that won’t be expanded.

This isn’t a company specialized in controllers, in fact, it’s their first. Instead of a long-term investment, it feels very much like an opportunistic operation because MSFS is coming out and there will be a lot of people looking for controllers who won’t know much about what to look for.

We’ll see, but what I’m seeing here doesn’t give me much confidence.

1 Like

I am excited about it and I know more people who are also. I had to spend a lot of time getting used to the ■■■■ joystick twist for the rudder and I really do not think it is any more precise than analog triggers. Someone mentioned it previously, it is a really weird feeling and it takes a lot of practice to twist and pull AND use ailerons at the same time (basically using 3 axis at the same time). Most people still use joysticks with twist rudder, instead of dedicated pedals. I will be testing it for sure when it comes out and watching review videos.

2 Likes

Focus on the topic, not on each other. Thanks.

1 Like

I’ll ignore the personal attacks, but the landing gear indicator is right there on the aircraft’s dashboard. You certainly don’t need external hardware with redundant annunciators or to switch to the external camera. :thinking:

Aircraft’s flight decks have all the indicators you need to keep an eye on the status of the aircraft.

1 Like

They are useful if you are building a cockpit though. Also, it’s not often about need, but more about want. :slight_smile:

They would be, if they looked like any annunciator panel on any aircraft in existence and not like a completely arbitrary design that looks like it comes from an air conditioner. :joy:

Besides, I’m pretty positive pedals are a bit higher priority for anyone who’s actually trying to build a cockpit.

I’d say it’s better to use the budget for something that’s actually needed.

1 Like

Please explain. When comparing controls, I thought digital refers to ON / OFF, like the A B X Y buttons. Analog would describe the two sticks and the triggers. If the triggers are digital, how could they be used as AXIS controls?

1 Like

Unfortunately the market isn’t exactly flooded with those. I know of the Logitech panel. A non-descript black panel with illuminated indicators. It looks better than the one on the V1 but not tailored after any particular plane, but again I think the V1 solution as a single purchase that includes yoke/throttle/trim wheel/annunciator panel is not a bad buy if you just want a single, integrated system. They really should have thrown in some rudder pedals, and for the budding flight simmer it would be very compelling.

1 Like

Yeah, I got it backwards, the triggers are analog, not digital. A slight squeeze is a slight input, full squeeze a full input, etc, just like a twist control on a joystick.

I’m using a Logitech Yoke at the moment with no rudder pedals and I have to say, I really enjoy flying with it. I even prefer the Logitech over the Thrustmaster Hotas X (which has a twist axis) I also own.

Not everyone needs the perfect and most expensive setup, not everyone is a hardcore sim-pilot.

So for me, the Velocity One might be the “the most comprehensive, flight control solution to setup my own cockpit at home”. It offers so much more functionality then the Logitech Yoke which I already really enjoy using.

1 Like

some news :
VelocityOne Flight Universal Control System: Your Top Questions Answered | Turtle Beach Blog

Looking forward to it.
One thing I like, is that the table clamps will be adjusted and tightened from the top.
Which you can see in this picture.
That comes in handy if you have a keyboard drawer mounted to your desk.

Somehow I think this product will be hard to get in the first few weeks/month after release. I suspect the demand is going to be quite big.

2 Likes

does anyone know if we can plug in thrustmaster rudder pedals via rj12 socket for xbox?

Since the initial launch hype this product has not had any follow-up announcments.

Anyone with any new info about the VelocityOne?

2 Likes

Nope. Still waiting for the confirmation e-mail for the pre-order availability :weary:

They are probably holding out for the Flight Sim Expo next weekend to make further announcements/launch

1 Like

And indeed, CEO of Turtle Beach is doing a introduction talk about the VelocityOne today at FlightSim Expo, 1 p.m. San Diego time. So I’d expect pre-ordering to open very soon afterwards, this week maybe?

1 Like

Ugh. They upped the price from $349.95 to $379.95 on the website…

In euros too… ouch