Turtle Velocity One Flight or Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition?

Hello, for a beginner, do you recommend the Turtle Velocit One
Flight or Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition

1 Like

Which platform are you on (XBOX or PC).

The TCA is not a yolk but rather a sidestick, so while they would do the same (input wise) the feel is different and depends on what you are looking for.

The TBV1 just released and there are a few videos out on it now but not that much experience as of yet.

This is a new product he’s talking about. Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition

3 Likes

Topic moved into #self-service:peripherals for discussion.

I’d wait for some good independent 3rd party reviews before jumping on that bandwagon. It seems to offer WAY too much in terms of features for its rather lean price tag. Combined with Turtle Beach’s reputation for low quality manufacturing standards and utter lack of any customer support, I’d be leary.

Not saying not to buy it or slagging it, but I’d look at some reputable reviews (ei - not a noob who’s never used any flight sim hardware and just got one last week and thinks it’s the best thing ever) before making that investment.

Honestly, if you’re willing to fork out the rather heavy investment in that Thrustmaster Boeing setup, I’d recommend looking into the tried, tested and true Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo. Assuming you’re on PC, of course. Otherwise, you’re limited (currently) to Turtle Beach, or Thrustmaster when it launches next month.

4 Likes

Whoops!

Thought he was talking about the sidestick one.

CptCanada did a 3.5 hour flight / giveaway with it the other day. Reviews have seemed good. They are doing an “Fly Tour” publicity event where creators each have one to give away and they each do a leg with it.

PC
Intel(R) Core™ i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz 3.79 GHz
32,0 GB RAM
Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 OC Edition 10GB GDDR6X

Thrustmaster have typically made pretty good products over the years and generally have good customer support. I know nothing about it (off my radar since I’m not interested), but I’m not surprised that it’s a good system, really. I’ve owned several Thrustmaster products over the last 30 years, and it’s always been good.

1 Like

@Taiko08
I think you’d love the VelocityOne Flight! (although I may be slightly biased :wink:)

It was designed by us to be the best device at its price point, and universal enough to use with any aircraft, any setup, from total beginner to advanced home-cockpit, giving you immersive realism.

Here’s some videos to give you a feel of what the V1F is like
Here’s the first youtube review that’s been posted by a paying customer
Here’s the website if you want to check out more details about it.

Ultimately the decision is yours and its down to personal preference. Whatever you decide, welcome to the community and I hope you enjoy it!

In the mean time, come and join our discord to chat to other flight simmers that are interested in the V1F, we’re doing group flights and giveaways before the holidays. discord.gg/JMGjPcqMEj

I also have had good experiences with TM over the years and generally they make quality products. I have no experience with any TB products.

However I’d also suggest the wait and see approach. There are not enough users out there yet for either of these products to get a real users perspective after some length of use with them. If you must have a yoke right now then play it safe with a Honeycomb or perhaps wait and also compare the improved Honeycomb with Hall effect sensors. If you want to spend more scaling upwards there are other fine yokes such as the Fulcrum which I personally have and the offerings from Virtual fly and Brunner.

A good place to check is actually the Reddit r/hotas stubb.

There is generally a lot of good knowledge there (as well as strong opinions) but it’s a great resource for flight and space sim controller info.

I’ve just taken delivery of the Velocity (on Xbox series x) and first impressions are very good. I can see hours of fun and frustration getting used to its impressive layout.

1 Like

What is your experience after 3 months please?
I’m considering buying Velocity One or Boeging Yoke and it’s hard to decide :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Today the Velocityone broke!! I have moved a week ago from Xbox to PC. One advantage was I could update the Velocityone software. It crashed half way through the download!! Now locked in update mode. I believe it has a lot of potential but is still not working as advertised and payed for. Like we have been ripped off?

I hope you will fix it somehow.

Thank you. I was sent reboot tool by Turtle Beach. A bit complex but it worked. Back flying this evening.

1 Like

Save your money and get a quality yoke. Fulcrum one all the way.

I am also interested in this comparison - it’s my birthday in a month and I am trying to weigh up the pros and cons of both the thrustmaster and the turtle beach sets for Xbox Series X - I’m edging towards the thrustmaster for build quality, but I sense the TB would be more applicable to general aviation flying?

I bought the velocity One. I wish there was an easier “template” for MSFT Sim, but I am likely to believe that is more on MSFT. Also, it seems the yoke performance on rolls is lagged, it takes a lot of turn for a slight turn. The trim is also erratic, a trim down is like pushing the yoke down hard. But will then be easy.

1 Like

I know this is an old post. But I bought one of your Velocity One Flight products the other day. My head has been spinning from trying to set the thing up for my use. I could not find the answers to my issues online so I contacted the Turtle Beach customer support through email as they suggest. I can only assume the support is farmed out due to the support person’s name in the reply. The reply given to me did not fix my issues. In fact the answer given wasn’t even close to the 2 questions I asked. It’s as if support never even read my questions and decided to send out a canned reply that didn’t have anything to do with my questions. If I have an issue I give support 1 chance to help me. Then my purchase goes back to the store for a refund. That is what I am doing with my Velocity One Flight. If you value your sanity and time like I do you will not do business with companies that farm out their support to people that can’t read a simple question.

1 Like