Two Issues With FlyingIron P38 1.1.1

I just went back to flying the P38 and have noticed a couple of things that I don’t remember being a problem previously (4 to 6 months ago).

1. The airplane is bouncing while flying and it is annoying, (like on a bumpy road). I tried putting the autopilot on but it still bounces. I did notice that the elevator trim wheel is jumping back and forth while in autopilot.
  2. The nose wheel steering is very weak. To make any kind of a sharper turn I have to use the brakes which results in very jerky taxiing.
    I flew the P38 many hours prior to switching to the FA-18 for a couple of months and don’t recall having this bouncing and nose wheel problems.
    Has anyone else experienced this or is it me and my settings?
1 Like

I think I just found the answer to the bouncing. My windows were rolled down. I was also wondering why the engines were so loud. I haven’t tried it yet but I am pretty sure that was the problem. Nose wheel steering is still a problem.

1 Like

They have really turned up turbulence effects in recent sim updates. Drives me crazy sometimes, too.

Also a recent sim update change. I think there is now a nose wheel steering control axis that you might need to bind to your controls. You can probably assign it to your rudder axis so you can use it on the ground for steering and in the air for yaw control.

1 Like

In real life, the P-38 didn’t have a steerable nosewheel - it was free-castering. Steering was by differential brakes and differential thrust. That’s modeled in the latest update from Flying Iron. It takes some getting used to, but it’s a step up in realism. Hope this helps.

1 Like

I appreciate the replies. I got the bouncing fixed by closing the windows. If they changed the nose wheel steering capabilities I guess I will just have to get use to it. Realistic is better.

2 Likes