UAS Quad Copter Simulation Someday For Flight Simulator?

Perhaps the 3D environment that FS 2020 runs in is too far off the ground and not conducive to detailed simulation of trees, houses, bushes, etc. DJI has a decent drone flight simulator in a totally artificial world and very expensive to own if you want anything beyond the basic, very limited free trial edition.

I think that it would be very cool to be able to learn to fly one’s drone in real world weather conditions in various geographies. I will suggest to DJI that they think beyond the box of their very limited DJI Flight Simulator. With that, though, I was able to hook my DJI Smart Controller up to my computer via a USB-C to USB-C cable and actually “fly” a simulation of my DJI Mavic 2 Pro and get pretty familiar with the controls and “flying” (er…, “positioning”) the drone before I ever lifted the real one off the ground using the DJI simulator. It would be great to similarly test fly my model of drone in real world environments with real world weather but I guess FS 2020 doesn’t worry too much about simulating too much in great detail much closer than 500 ft (152 m) off the ground. #realworldUASdrones #quadcopters