UI broken and reset user settings - Gaming Services update

“ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.”?

If yes - that means key does not exist in your registry
you can update gaming services app

Thank you for your help. I am installing Games services now but it is taking longer than usual. Should it be taking that long or I did something wrong?

See my post, 3 posts above…

Yes installing take ages. I reset my pc after 20 minutes and all worked. Gameservice was installed and MSFS worked again. I also lost some achievement (not to bad).
Happy flying

Thank you. I just closed and restarted. now it says installing. now keeping my fingers crossed hopefully I don’t get that annoying settings screen again/

Hey man make sure you drop by my post regarding the lost of achievements progress and leave a vote if you have time. This could be a serious bug lead by Asobo missing some of our progress while uploading our saves to the cloud.

The screen just came up again after I installed games services. Should I be getting it. Or after I setup go pass the welcome screen I should not get it again after I restart MSFS

There is the update. Problem solved.

1 Like

Fixed the problem thanks. :slight_smile:

I am looking at my Microsoft Store and Gaming Services still says Modified 2/20/2021 version 2.50.1800.1.0 ? No update to 2.50.20001.0 I keep pressing Get updates but nothing changes?

Maybe give it a few hours cuz it’s hitting most of us so eventually it’ll show up on your Store page.

Cannot take your first step! No such key in my Win 10 64bit registry!

Mine is fixed; however, all of my graphic settings were lost which absolutely is frustrating. I couldn’t recall all of my VR settings and had tuned everything to just how I liked it. BEYOND FRUSTRATING

Check your pilot profiles. Most of the entries including some achievements got reset too. Asobo is definitely missing some content while uploading our saves to the cloud.

1 Like

“ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.”?

If yes - that means key does not exist in your registry
you can update gaming services app

Restart the computer and be patient.

Same for me. How big is the file to take so long to install?

You are right. Updated “MS Game Services” in MS Store and that fixed my MSFS problem. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Holy Smokes, Jeeeesus …^^

After almost 14 days, i made it finally back in mfs with desired main account!

Thank you all very much for helping me out, @TenPatrol FOR PRESIDENT !!!

Never had such weard, strange issues in my whole life as an IT Sys-Admin the past 25 Years…

Now my odyssey seems to be completed! <3

Chapeau and many thannxxx again! ^^

-solved ^^

1 Like

did you get the setup screen the first time around. Mine came up after update the game services. I went through and completed my initial setup. I am now going to close MSFS and see if it will start without giving me the setup settings again

New version of Gaming Services was released. Run the MS Store app in Win 10 and check for updates