UI broken and reset user settings - Gaming Services update

As a side note, I’ve been dealing with this settings issue for a couple days now (after installing the world update)

Start Windows Services application (Press Windows key, type Services, run it and scroll to Gaming Services items. Check they are running or manually start them.

Restart Windows if not a solutiona and try again.

Still installing, stand by. (already had services.msc open)

Very interesting… So no dependent on today’s Gaming Services update??? Had no issues with settings AFTER WU III and BEFORE Gaming Services update. Started MSFS MANY times…

In my initial troubleshooting I suspected that perhaps my account had gotten corrupted on the cloud side after the outage the other day. Especially since my controller settings were still saved and downloading.

Still installing… stand by :slight_smile:

Current installed version is 2.50.16001.0 Will update when the new one shows up.

The newest (problematic) is 2.50.18001.0 btw. So if you update to this one, it will not fix this bug. :slight_smile:

What if it broke you guys, but fixes me :stuck_out_tongue:

This will not happen. :smiley:

Yes same here…

Thanks…it turned out that gameservices was uninstalled…reinstalled and now MSFS is starting…(but still with the UI problems…)

1 Like

let’s see if this is getting a hotfix or if they again come to conclusion it is good enough to incorporate it into next SIM Update as there is a simple workaround (set up your sim on every launch or never close it)

:wink:

4 Likes

Whelp, now I’m on the same version as all of you. No joy.

Thanks for confirmation. Possibly 2.50.16001.0 was also bugged like the newest one (I skipped this specific older version).

Yesterday, this morning several flights without problem, and without any rational explanation, I am in the same situation. Even a system restore didn’t help.

Well I’ve spent enough time tinkering and not enough time flying. Going to run through setup and get back in the air. Will keep an eye out for updates as well as responses to my zendesk ticket and reply back here if anything cool happens.

1 Like

Lol. perhaps, but as I eluded to in an earlier post… Marketplace purchases also seem to be broken (well the download & install part anyway) — or maybe that’s just me?

1 Like

Many weeks ago there was a different issue with the sim after Gaming Services was updated. Maybe ASOBO should get to test future Gaming Services updates prior to MS releasing an update.

2 Likes

That, and at the very least bar MS from releasing these Gaming Services updates on a Saturday!

• At least giving us the weekend to fly in peace :slight_smile:
1 Like

I had this issue starting Wednesday, prior to this gaming services update.

Also affected (Marketplace downloads). Probably the same root cause - Gaming Services.
Btw. This is not from ASOBO, but from MS, so MS screwed this up (and also probably ASOBO didn’t implement this part of cloud integration the best way…). :slight_smile: