UK English voices for ATC

I don’t want to upset the American bretheren, but I would prefer the option to use UK English rather than the US version.

Have you tried disabling English US language pack in your Windows settings, and just install and set the English UK by default?

I don’t use US English in Windows. Everything is set to UK English. Are you saying that you can hear UK English ATC in sim?

I dunno… it depends if they have a UK English soundpack from Microsoft.

Yes, I have tried that, and even installed IVONA TTS voices (UK and Australian) and set them as default for windows, but sadly MSFS2020 just ignores them, when you set it to Windows Offline. i too would like to de-Americanize the sim voices

Yes I tried the Azure option after the patch, and all I got was a robotic US woman and 2 US men, LoL, so I’m staying with the Windows offline mode, but as the sim appears more broken than it was before the patch, am temporarily going back to my P3D v4.5, and revisit this sim, in about 6 months

The bigger question is, do we actually have TTS voice pack with UK accent in Windows?

Not by default, I suspect. I bought IVONA TTS voices and installed them, so when you want a word doc or some other doc read out to you, I get the Australian girl or guy

I guess we will have to wait and see. For now it’s robot sally and chums.

I don’t think an third party TTS voices is supported since the sim can’t run the TTS voice from outside of what it’s capable of… I may be wrong though.

even better might be to have the accent based on the airport we’re at?

1 Like

That would be nice… but the bigger question is, do we have a TTS voice package with all accents that ever existed?

A post was merged into an existing topic: BonniestManx065

Do the trucks have voices? Please open a thread asking for American trucks in the USA. You have my full support.

2 Likes

I find the ATC Voice quite realistic under “activities” for the A320 neo tutorials.
British, female. Better than the NBC anchor man voice what’s in the sim now.