Ultra Wide Screen RTX 2060

hello everyone, after my disappointing VR experience, I would try an ultra wide monitor. Does my rtx 2060 run the sim at 30fps with a mix of ultra, high and medium settings?

Yes it does.
I have a 2060s and a DELL 49 Ultrawide Monitor and running at high with a few ultra settings on 3840x1080. I could set it to the native resolution of 5120x1440 but for the moment it´s ok for me. Maybe i will try it next. I reduced that due to low FPS before SU5. Maybe it will run smoother now, but anyhow, it´s really not a difference at all.
Thats a screenshot from now, but it is not complete because i cut off the left side where ATC is. Don´t need that for screenshots.

Hello, I have an MI 34" curved 3440p x 1440p monitor, Gtx1080 8GB, before SU5, with almost everything on ultra and scale 90, I had 30/50 fps, after SU5 all in ultra and scale 100 I have 25 / 30 fps.

You will be very comfortable with your graphics card on this screen resolution

That sounds good. I have a 2060 6gb though. the monitor would be from Acer 49 "3840x1080. As I said, a mix of ultra, high and medium would be great. VR disappointed me ultra even after I bought an RTX3070ti, the result wasn’t worth all the money. Fortunately, I have the graphics card sold again without loss of value.

I don’t know if it helps but I run a 2060 super on three 24" 1900x1200 monitors using NVidia Surround at 5760x1200 and get a comfortable 30fps with acceptable smoothness. That’s is with SU5 and both hotfixes. Lod 200, most settings ultra or high.

Busy airports like Heathrow give a bit of stutter but nothing horrendous. The most objectionable things with it are the stretching at the edges and the exaggerated lighting sizes we have at the moment but I can live with that for now.

G

ok I think my RTX 2060 should be able to handle a widescreen monitor with 3850x1080 if the settings are set to high. I just flew 2d on my tv again. I completely forgot how great the flight simulator can look. But it also clearly shows that the VR mode is simply not good. uch think I’ll buy the widescreen. has any experience with the Acer E1491CR?