Unable to add a waypoint to the flight plan (random)

I wanted to know if you had a similar problem since the SU5 update.

When I make my flight plan on the world map between 2 airports and then want to add a waypoint sometimes it is impossible. Once I have chosen the departure and arrival airports, the map zooms out on the route but then I cannot zoom in or out with the mouse on the map, nor can I add a waypoint. The only possibility is to start the flight or cancel the flight plan but then still impossible to add waypoints. Only solution is to restart FS2020.

I have a similar issue with zooming with the mouse. I set-up the flight and then check the weather at the airports to determine the starting/landing runway and SID/STAR. Previously I could easily use the mouse to look through the flight plan, but now it is locked. Only when zooming with + and - I can zoom and then I can use the mouse to scroll a bit.

I have finally found a solution to this issue when it arises. In this case, I cancel the flight plan, exit the worldmap and return to it and the problem is solved.

I have the same issue and have created ticket after ticket via zendesk and am still in the wilderness as to why. I’ve asked on on the forums and can’t get an answer

So I’ve just starting using MSFS after a little hiatus and I also cannot add points to the flight plan. Any progress on this issue ?

No progress and the zendesk have said it’s only low priority after countless reports and also CTD’s have crept in. Keep creating tickets until they take note and act upon it

Wow. Thanks for the speedy response. I guess I’ll have to try and input flight plans manually with the airplanes FMS. But that such a huge learning curve for a casual summer.

Any joy with your issue? Mines got worse can’t even load pre saved flight plans now. All zendesk can offer is a refund as they are baffled. Problem is ,I bought via steam and can only get it refunded to steam wallet. Hope yours is fixed :crossed_fingers: