Unable to do a Cold and Dark start up on the Basic CJ4

I am brand new to MSFS and I am realizing that there is a steep learning curve. I would like to focus on learning how to go from a Cold and Dark start up to a complete IFR flight plan and flight. I am stuck at the very biginning. I have just recently put together my flight simulator setup. I am running it on a new Xbox Series X with Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo controls. I have the basic package when it comes to MSFS so I am currently only dealing with the planes that come with that particular package. I have not yet purchased any 3rd party planes. I have been attempting to follow along with a few YouTube videos on getting the plane from a Cold and Dark state, to full run up. Every time I load the CJ4 and set it up on the ramp, it is already up and running. I am not able to turn the power off and start over. There are quite a few features that I am not able to move to a different position. Looking for some advice to help get myself through this process.

Thank you.

I think it’s this easy: when you select your origin airport, make sure you select a parking spot, not a runway. That’ll ensure your plane is Cold and Dark.

Thanks Steve for responding. I did select a parking spot rather than the runway. I’ve done it at a few different airports as well.

Have you tried with other Aircraft to see if the same thing happens?

As mentioned, starting at a parking spot typically initiates the Cold and Dark setup, there are some exceptions where you can specify the startup state in a particular aircraft but the CJ4 is not one of them.

You can also go into Settings, Assist Options and ensure you don’t have any assists that are starting the plane up.

As a quick test set it to “TRUE TO LIFE”.

Thank you. I’ll be sure to give that a try.