Unable to hide yoke in VR mode

I mobility impaired. I do all of my computing from within VR.

It would be best if I could just jump into VR and Fully operate the SIM from there. I must not be the only person who has disabilities that would find this technical deletion difficult? Jumping in and out of VR, for me requires someone to help. Should I expect to have my nurse sit and watch me play just in case I need to jump in and out of VR to re hide the yoke every time I go to change planes or something like that?

1 Like

I was just trying to help.

While I agree a more customizable start-up, in your case “in VR Mode, with yoke hidden” would be ideal, just start a flight and hide the yoke prior to entering VR Mode. There shouldn’t be a need to “jump in and out” of anything.

Yes. Can be done with the mouse. Go into General Options, then Accessibility. Set The Cockpit Interaction System to Legacy. After that, you can click with the mouse on the yoke to make it visible or invisible.

1 Like

It also works without the legacy mode, at least in SU 8 beta.
But impossible to do it with the VR controller.

1 Like

It doesn’t work here, no way to hide Yoke in VR at the moment.

Not many in the right mind would use the beta. There are already too many bugs in the normal version.

1 Like

Thank you, N582TC… I appreciate your trying to help. Fact is, I got used to doing something and it works just the way I like it, and then have the feature taken away. It was a real bummer. Anyway, it seems my (our) pleas have been heard, and it’s been reintroduced in Beta 8. I’m excited about it. But I found the last couple of times I tried to use it. I get a CTD. Too tired to work on it anymore tonight. Let’s see how it does tomorrow with fresh windows restart and go at it again.

Cheers.
J.

I’ve always been a better user. Sucker for punishment? Yeah, maybe. If nobody paid it tests. Then, who’s going to find most of the bugs before the final releases come out?

Cheers!
Jay

If we don’t test the SU you’ll end up with a final release even worse. We’re doing this for you :slightly_smiling_face:

Issue fixed in version 1.23.12.0

It’s not fixed if using VR controllers though.

Sorry to hear that. I always play in VR, even I have touch controllers, I don’t use them for Flight Simulator, I use real Yoke and Pedals or HOTAS Joystick controllers. What I can realize is when you use touch controllers in VR, the objects must be present in the scene, otherwise how could you put your virtual hands in the yoke? just an example. If I was using touch controllers, maybe I would need to see the position of the objects inside my virtual space.

I use my gamepad but I could use the Touch to make the virtual yoke disappear and not have to have my mouse near me.
It doesn’t bother me because I never hide it but this is just bad UX :innocent:
Same with the VFR map, I still haven’t found out how to zoom in/out with the Touchs controllers… I think the functionality just doesn’t exist. The goal is to not use the mouse at all and right now, it seems that this is not possible.

1 Like

I’m absolutely agree with you. I marked this topic as unsolved. Thank you for your feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.