Unable to Launch game for Months

are you using Microsoft Store or Steam? I was having an issue where I could not get the sim to get past the Asobo splash screen. I uninstalled the sim, uninstalled steam, reinstalled steam, then MSFS, and now it works. worth a shot if you’re on steam.

Steam. I hadn’t thought about reinstalling steam, as I havn’t had any issues installing and playing other games in the meantime with the software. Could be worth a shot to try out, though I’m really re-installing this game for like the 8th time from scratch. :sweat: I will try the steam reinstall thing and see if that resolves my issue. However if it doesn’t, my only resort at this point is to do a full re-install of windows in hopes that will solve my issue.

Hey Spartan, this might sound “spartan” to you, but when there was an update a while ago, in there was also a link to a zendesk topic i was trying to find… it had to do with resetting the windows store, or at least logging out of the windows store and after a reboot logging back into the windows store, or even uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling the windows store to get an issue sorted that they had found. Anyways… the reboot in between seems to be the trick to get that part sorted out correctly.
You’ve probably ran into this one already, but browsing over your topics, i hadn’t found anyone posting it yet.

Oh, also, have you checked the windows logbooks to see if there’s any stand out issues with the OS upon bootup and such?
Checking out if there’s any flags in the equipment and appliances section of windows->Settings might also give away a hint of something. I’m just guessing you’ve kept your 2080 ti upto current drivers too, right? i believe that the second splashscreen is the part where it loads your usersettings, as that’s the screen where all offa sudden the intro sound cuts out as i’ve turned that off as it was driving me crazy on the long ui loads of the past.

Anyways…upon searching for the zendesk-linky from a previous update, i found a page with even more "how-to’s " … So, i hope that at least one of them will help you in your quest to join the skies again.
other than finding out if MSFS2020 keeps a userfile for you, and delete that?!

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015760660-Download-Installation-issues-Windows-Store-troubleshooting

Hope it helps m8ey!

Kindest Regards,

Steiny