Unable to launch MSFS (Error Code 0x803f8001)

Today I wanted to start MSFS but I won’t get in because of this strange error code

Do I really need an subscription now to the use the Sim I bought in 2020? I tried to log of and log in again in XBox but nothing helps. Does anyone else has this issue? Three days ago everything worked Just fine…

I translate the message:

Do you own this game or App?

Make sure you have a valid subscription to access this content and are logged into an account with a valid subscription. If you purchased this online, make sure you are logged in. If you do not own the game you will need to retrieve it from the Microsoft Store.

I own this game for a long time now and I am always logged in when wanting to play. Never had this issue before

Hi @Moehrenklau,
I think you are on the right track that this is an Xbox authentication issue. I’d suggest that if Windows Update and all MS Store apps are up-to-date, you can log into the Xbox and MS Store Apps OK, and your time has been synchronized recently, that you open a Zendesk ticket on this here.

[Edit 06/17/24 PM]
FYI, the Xbox App was updated today to v2406.1001.20.0
Current on my PC:
2406.1001.20.0 (Xbox)
22.90.5001.0 (Gaming Services)
7.124.5142.0 (Game Bar)

(Note: I’m on a PC with the MS Store version. Versions may be different for Steam (though I think this unlikely) and Xbox consoles may be entirely different.)

Open xbox app - sign out
ms store app - sign out

Restart PC

Open xbox app - sign in
ms store app - sign in

Launch msfs.

1 Like

Thank you! that was it. First there was an update for the xbox app in the store and then I did the logout and restart and login. That helped

1 Like