Unable to launch the game

Good morning all ! this morning again I launch the game, immediately the Microsoft Store opens and tells me that the Game Service must be updated! good view that I had several this concern! I run PowerShell as administrator and put the command lines get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
start ms-windows-store: // pdp /? productid = 9MWPM2CQNLHN
but every time the Microsoft Store tells me error Code: 0x80073D26 an unexpected problem has occurred!

I am suffering this issue too. So far I haven’t been able to fix it. After I tried to uninstall the Gaming Services, I noticed there are still 2 (!) Windows NT services left, both with the name Gaming Services. At the moment, I’m trying to get rid of them, hopefully being able to successfully install the Gaming Services again.

Have you been able to progress on the issue? I’ll keep you posted on my progress!

Good luck!
Lex

Hello ! the only viable solution for me was to repair Windows 10 losslessly its data with the help of this video! it was long and tedious but 100% effective for me! I give you the link it is in french!

https://www.malekal.com/reparer-windows10-sans-perte-donnees/

1 Like

Hi!

Good to hear that you managed to fix it! Thanks for sharing the article!

Luckily I managed to fix the issue too. It seemed that the PowerShell script removed all the files from the Gaming Services, but it did not remove the Windows NT Service registration in the Windows Registry. After that, I was able to install the Gaming Services correctly and I could start MSFS without any other issues :slight_smile:

So, happy to be able to fly again!

Thanks,
Lex

1 Like

Repairing Windows using a new windows.iso from Microsoft (not the older copies that came with a computer or bought while building one) may also fix where users are stuck on Nvidia’s 457.30 driver and anything later destroys frame rates.

As long as anyone is repairing or reinstalling Windows, might as well use the latest version to do it.

Closing topic as OP‘s issue seems resolved and other topics exist on the same error code.