Unable to login - blocked by request for Xbox Live signon

Brief description of the issue:

Apparently somehow MSFS 2020 lost track of my XBox information. Now when I try to startup MSFS from Steam it gets to the point where there is the nice view of the Arizona? desert, then a window pops up partly blocking that view demanding my XBox Live login. Sadly at the same time that window loses focus so there is no way to connect to XBox (I’m on a windows 10 pc btw ). It will sit there forever, or at least 35 minutes which is when I gave up. I’m sure my Xbox info is fine as I can access XBox app directly from windows and login.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered: I launch Steam, select MSFS 2020, and click “PLAY”. That’ it. ( alternatively I go to windows and select the MSFS app and click it to start, bypassing Steam somewhat ) it does it every time MSFS is completely inaccessible to me now. it used to just ask for my password a different way which also hung ( see screenshots) but if I logged out of Steam and back in I had one shot, one click, sometimes, to get my password entered Now it doesnt do that but hangs with a different question and signing out of steam and back in doesn’t help nor does rebooting th PC from a cold start.

Hi @CausalActor2498,
On the top image, the xbox one, are you able to click on that “Sign In” button?

Try ALT-ENTER to bring the screen into a window (out of full screen) and see what happens.

Having a similar issue…

@Hester40MT had a solution that worked for me! hitting the key-chord ALT-ENTER brought the screen from full-screen into a smaller window, at which point suddenly now I WAS able to click on the sign-in button successfully.

WHY that works remains a mystery but it does work! @Hester40MT ?? What led you to believe THAT was the solution? It looked to me like two very greedy ( typical ) Microsoft programs each were demanding ALL available resources and had produced a deadlock. I know that even ESC or CTRL-C didn’t seem capable of penetrating the grab of everything that MSFS had made during the incredibly long and long and also endlessly LONG wait while God alone knows what was recreated from scratch, apparently, as opposed to saving where we left off and just reloading that image. HINT Microsoft, if you are reading this, I’d rather have a 3 minute LAG at the end of my flying session than at the beginning of it, even if you want to repeatedly insist on showing me ads for thing I already told you I don’t want.

From what I can tell, that xbox overlay is coming from xbox, not MSFS and I think there’s a problem with how the CSS/JS is written when it’s first pulled in. It takes a screen change for it to readjust those form elements.

yeah it’s Xbox Live, but why they choose to ask THERE instead of before beginning to load MSFS, if it is so importnat, i don’t know. I guess I 'll ask them.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.