Unable to set a new flight plan

This is a very odd bug, so I install the game, pick my very first flight plan, works great, exit out and pick another flight plan, goes back to that very first flight plan, that is odd, so I try to make a new flight plan and save it, works okay, press the Fly button and… back to that very first plane and airport that I picked the very first time…

However I can load up the tutorials and all the challenges, just fine… I just can’t simply pick a plane, pick a spot and here we go, I mean, I can, the game will let me, sure, but I then press the Fly button and… voilá, back to the very first plane and airport that I picked the first time ever…

I guess that somehow the game has locked out the file, or files, that it uses the set the flight plan and load it, I even tried making a flight plan, saving and loading it, same result, ran the game as an administrator, same result, installed it in the C: drive, same result.

My guess is that there must be a file somewhere in Windows that gets deleted when I remove the game, gets created that one first time after I plan my very first flight after installing the game and then just locks itself in read-only and the game won’t overwrite it.

oh, after a few searches seems that I found the real issue, my name, it uses an ’ and that seems to be quite important, so the thing here is that this game stil can not deal with non english names, so they fixed the Fly Now and install bug but they created a new one!

TL:DR, non-english usernames can install the game and fly but the created a new bug that now makes it that they are unable to set a new flight plan, and the last workaround, the Save Flight Plan and Load it again does not work, it will still load the first ever flight plan.

If you want to play this game, create a english username and install the game into it.
It’s quite depressing that such a simple issue is causing so much bugs, they only needed to test the game in a non-english user account, I guess I’m off creating a new user account just to… oh What the…? The game won’t let you have another user play it? You have to change the main user account? But why?! Sigh… okay, I will change my main user account.

2 Likes

Fixed, installed it on a new user account, with english only characters.
So, yeah, that was the issue…

Hello,

I have exactly same bug as you had, but I do not undestand how did you fix it. You are saying that you created new user account. You mean windows new user account?

Thank you for future reply!

OK. I figured it out. Problem was probably in name of windows user. Since my name consists Czech letter “í”, I had it also in name of windows user. I had to change it in registers, then uninstall FS and then install it again (whole 110 GB package). Also, I deleted Czech language package from my PC.

Best,
Antonin

Encountered that problem serveral times at work (I’m a programmer at a military college where we host a lot of NATO foreign exchange students). Many of the Eastern European characters in student names caused havoc with our systems.

If you don’t want to change your username name, the easiest way is to manually clean this folder:
C:\Users%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\MISSIONS\Custom\CustomFlight

Besides, does anyone know, when this BUG will be fixed?

Solution found

I am having the same trouble, i change my xbox gamertag and also i empty de custom folder. I could set a new flight plan but when i exit that one and try to set a new one i have the same problem sho that i think that the final solution is to uninstal the game and install it again aprt from changing e gamertag. What do you think?