Unable to tune Cessna 152 ADF

I am on Steam version of FS2020.

I want to learn “old fashioned” navigation but the ADF tuning knobs don’t turn. Even the directional arrows do not appear when I hover the mouse over the knobs.

Are you using the Asobo 152? I suggest installing the 152 Mod from JPLogistics. Much better plane.

Wow! I have installed the JPLogistics mod that you suggested. It is so “space age” compared to the “steam age” Asobo version.
Trouble is, I need a manual that explains it all!

1 Like

I love JP logistic’s version of the C152 because they have added two really useful additions to the plane’s armoury. An autopilot and a DME. Nice to know distance to and from VORs and dead handy to be able to stick the plane on autopilot whilst you use your hands to change radio frequencies (requires more finesse with a mouse for a simmer than IRL I think)

However, to describe the C152 in either variant as “space age” is maybe a bit misleading at best. :slightly_smiling_face:

No problems with ADF tuning in the default 152.
Are you using the ‘legacy’ cockpit interaction system? (accessibility menu)

I tried tuning the ADF on the Textron Aviation legacy Asobo C152 again and this time it worked! Don’t ask me why!
However, the JPLogistics mod is so much better but I still need a guide to operate all the new-fangled stuff!

Also, in the matter of the JP Logistics C152 I see that I have two versions, the Cessna 152 and the Cessna 152 (Fairing). What is the difference?

The ferring’s are the shrouds around the wheels. I don’t like the look personally, I like the open wheel look :slight_smile:

As for the “space age gadgets” it’s also a good introduction to start learning how AP works.

That’s how I am using it. Started with 152 Asobo, jumped to JPL but still hand flew for a large number of hours to practoice navigating VOR’s, and basic flight, take off landings, flying headings etc…

Then once I was comfortable with all that, started to learn the Autopilot. It’s nice to learn on an aircraft where things happen a bit slower and the cockpit is less busy. Will make stepping up to the 172 a bit easier.

But with the wheel fairings the cruising speed increases a few kts, at least IRL.

I believe there are differences between in drag and cruise speed between the fairing and bare gear variants.

I use AP all the time when flying jetliners but the equipment in the C152 mod is totally different and I am all at sea!

A month later and still no reply as to how to operate the totally different AP in this mod. What is the point of introducing a new mod without a tutorial on how it works?

I verified this on the Cessna 152 as well as my own project plane. The ADF adjustment knob is no longer working with mouse, blank, non-adjustable. This worked fine before getting the Beta SU12.

Bill
LHC

I use r.mouse button to push and pull the frequency change button. I can now change tens and digits. That works in Lock mode.

I am able to push/pull the ADF button.
But how can I tune into VOR radial 098? The lowest it seem to go is 100.
Maybe this ADF is different from my plane.

Looks like you are mixing up things. VOR and ADF are two completely different items and you can’t set a VOR radial with an ADF.
If you are talking about the frequency, it doesn’t get lower than 190 kHz IRL AFAIR.

You’re absolutely right and I stand corrected. Back to my books :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like