Uncommanded uninstall after sim update 13

Curious if anyone else has run into this.

I was enrolled in public Beta for Sim Update 13. Approx. two weeks after public release of sim update 13, I elected to unenroll from the public beta program to prevent getting updates when the sim update 14 public beta began. I unenrolled through the xbox live hub, and restarted my computer after the unenrollment was complete.

As per normal, on booting up MSFS, it downloaded an update, presumably to bring the program up to the current public release. The update downloaded successfully, but froze after download and failed to install. I figured I was getting the same server glitch everyone else did when they installed sim update 13. I began troubleshooting, and as I went looking for the folders the instructions tell you to look in, I found that they weren’t there. In fact, none of the MSFS folders were there anymore. The program had been completely removed/uninstalled/deleted from my computer.

This necessitated a complete reinstall of the program. Bit of a PITA - lost an afternoon of flying a filming for my YouTube Channel. Fortunately, I made a good backup for my community folder - so it shouldn’t take that long to get things back to where they were.

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

NA

Brief description of the issue:

Experienced uncommanded uninstall of MSFS

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

NA

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

I was enrolled in public Beta for Sim Update 13. Approx. two weeks after public release of sim update 13, I elected to unenroll from the public beta program to prevent getting updates when the sim update 14 public beta began. I unenrolled through the xbox live hub, and restarted my computer after the unenrollment was complete.
As per normal, on booting up MSFS, it downloaded an update, presumably to bring the program up to the current public release. The update downloaded successfully, but froze after download and failed to install. I began troubleshooting, and found that the game had been completely removed/uninstalled/deleted from my computer. This necessitated a complete reinstall of the program.

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

NA

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

NA

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

No - see “Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered”

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

NA

This happened to me too. VERY frustrating and time consuming.

1 Like