Undocking tool bar items to move to second monitor causes them to disappear

When I try to undock menu items (Map, Weather, etc) in order to move them to the second monitor they simply disappear rather than undocking. I haven’t been able to find a setting to correct this. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help you have.

Blue Max

Hi @RuthenicOhio27,
On the toolbar far right, there’s options. In there is an option to reset the toolbar. See if that helps.

Thank you. I will try that.

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
None

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
I’m currently experiencing difficulties moving my toolbars to the second monitor. I’m not sure if this is caused by the update, but I was able to move my toolbars before. Right now, if I click on the “undock” button (near the minimize button) the toolbar just disappears.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. Open any toolbar (e.g., ATC)
  2. Click on Undock button
  3. Toolbar disappears.

`PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
No

Hi @Dreddurius,
On the toolbar, far right, there’s an option to reset the panels. What is probably happening is that they may be opening on screen that is no longer there. This reset puts them back on the main screen.

I have setup windows with a new side screen that is set as an extended screen and works perfectly as a side screen even for my p3d v4 and 5 installations. Initially I had the screen as portrait mode and accessible to the right of my main monitor. I have after that moved the screen on the wall to the left of my main screen and change it to landscape mode and accessible to the left with the mouse. Now when i tried to undock ATC again it just disappeared, I had to set the screen as accessible to the right and to portrait mode to be able to se ATC again, and while I had the ATC visible I changed the configuration of the screen as I want it landscape and to the right of my main screen. While I played around with ATC I also as a test dragged the VFR MAP to the second screen but I don’t remember in which state and I don’t want to lose the ATC windows again. Is there any ways of completely resetting the undocked windows position to the main screen from MFS2020 Settings? I already tried adding and removing them from the bar.

you are a genius

the last time I undocked a menu it got moved to a screen that is not configured any more.

Could get it to show on now existing screen.

Simple Idea but still genius to have found it

1 Like

Worked for me, too - my ATC toolbar would disappear when undocked - did the reset and all is good in my virtual world again - THANKS!

(now on to my next problem…)

1 Like