Uninstall unwanted default aircraft in official folder?

All Asobo aircraft models and livery variants take up a lot of space on my hard disk. When I try to remove the never-used ones MSFS will just re-download them on the next startup. Is there any work-around for this?

You can remove the Liveries by using the Hamburger Icon and selecting the specific components. But depending on the version of MSFS license you have, certain planes are baseline required - i.e., TBM 930, C152, etc. The liveries can be removed though.

1 Like

I’m assuming you only have one hard disk?

You could add another (internal or external SATA or USB, for example) and move all your Official folder assets to an Addons_Linker folder on that 2nd drive.

You can then use (free) Addons_Linker to create (very small) links in the Official folder, thus reducing the file space used on your primary drive. As long as the sim can see the assets via the links, it won’t try to re-download them. Or so I’ve heard.

I use Linker for everything in my Community folder, but several folks here have reported success using it on the Official folder as well.