Unlock the CRS on ILS system please

Please… Unlock the CRS when we for we can adjust the runway heading for the high north Canada location… Exemple: Resolute Bay CYRB The compass is 25 degrees west off… We need to be able to make the correction on the Localiser course… TY…

ILS signals are course agnostic. And by that I mean that turning the course knob does not affect the CDI. All it does is move where the arrowhead is pointing. The question is, does the sim treat it that way or does it treat it like a VOR located at the runway.

1 Like

I should add, because of the magnetic variation, the charts for for CYRB are shown relative to true north rather than magnetic north as is the case for most other charts. You can see that by the “T” next to ILS course on the approach chart.

So basically what I’m trying to say is that the first picture you posted looks totally normal to me.

Is this not a true and magnetic variation issue. The runway is a true heading designation. 347 degrees true, and a 25 mag variation or so.

I know all that and they are the problem… We need to be able to adjust the course…

You would have to make your own mod of the airport to change the
ILS, so yes you can.

Is the problem that the ILS is misaligned, or that it’s pointing wrong on the compass display? somewhat confused

Does it also show wrong using Navigraph data?

There is nothing wrong with the ILS, the localizer course or the runway. The problem is that the HSI of your airplane is displaying heading referenced to magnetic north while the runway and ILS localizer are referenced to true north. That is standard practice in the Arctic. The HSI is the thing that needs to be adjusted, but that may not be possible.

Aircraft that fly in the far north are required to have a compass system that has the option to display headings referenced to true north instead of magnetic north. I’m not sure if the G1000 in the sim (or the real G1000 for that matter) has that ability. If so, it might be found on one of the PFD sub menus. I’m not at my FS computer at the moment to check.

The ILS will capture and track just fine even if the CDI needle course selection does not match the HSI heading - it is visually distracting, but will not prevent the aircraft from flying the localizer correctly.

1 Like

Yes… Is the problem… The ILS is sat automaticly at 347 degree but after the compass correction, he supose to be set at 012 degree… But we cannot fix it because the CRS button is lock at this position…

Ok… Yes maybe is the gps system like you say… Because when i flying on FSX, we can adjust the CRS manualy for have the right heading but of course. I m not a real pilot so if in the real life, we cannot do that on the g1000, that’s explain why…

If you don’t have the airport programmed in your FMC or in the GPS route etc. the aircraft doesn’t know which ILS you are using.

Selecting an ILS frequency hence shouldn’t change the CDI. IRL you have to adjust it manually it this case.

Even if the inbound course is automatically set, the CDI shouldn’t be locked IMO.