[UNOFFICAL] Flying Lessons: C172 IFR BASICS

PLEASE NOTE THE STREAM WILL START AT 6:00PM EASTERN OR (1000) UTC
Hello there,
I am Lazier, I am a real life pilot with experience in Microsoft VATSIM Network.

From 2021-03-20T01:00:00Z2021-03-20T02:00:00Z I will be hosting a IFR Ground school Every Friday at 6:00PM for an hour.

This class will be going over lesson 1
Part_One) Exploring and Understanding Instrument Flying
Part_Two) Learning and Understanding Flight Instruments
Part_Three) Radio Navigation Aids and the Magnetic Compass
Part_Four) Learning a Instrument Scan
After completion of each part I will open the floor for 5 minutes for questions, if I do not answer your question either do some research or ask it at the end when I open up the floor to everyone.

Anybody from newer pilots trying to understand IFR flight, to more experienced pilots refreshing their knowledge are more then welcome to attend. I will be streaming this on twitch.https://www.twitch.tv/hapticlazier

After the class I will open the floor to questions regarding anything flight sim related.

** PLEASE NOTE **
This will be to get newer pilots to be able to fly via IFR on Microsoft flight sim NOT REAL LIFE. I will be leaving out information NECESSARY TO REAL LIFE IFR OPERATION.

I AM NOT A FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR, DO NOT USE MY INFORMATION IN A REAL LIFE SETTING. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU INJURE OR HURT YOURSELF IRL WITH THIS INFORMATION.

3 Likes

Sounds fun and useful. I’m marking my calendar and plan to be there!

I look forward to seeing you!

Hey, sounds very interesting!

It´s just, the timeframe is confusing me…
there are 2 different times mentioned in this hread:
11 pm (euro timezone) or 2 am (euro time zone).

Gonna try to find out more …

Edit: Twitch mentions, it´s 3 am (euro timezone).

So is this the first test, if we are smart enough, to guess the proper time?
If so, it seems, i won´t pass it…

I hope, you´ll at least have the session online to view it tomorrow.

As for the Time It will start at 6pm eastern, Not sure what it will be for euro timezone.

This should be 11 pm euro time (= UTC/GMT +1) then, which would be “do-able” for me.

This website here and also Twitch are converting times into the users local timezone.
There might be “something” to adjust, to sort it out for the upcoming sessions.

As all other times are displayed correctly, i fear, YOU will have to check to solve this riddle.
:wink:

See ya later, i hope…

So it has come to my attention that I am dumber than dumb. I forgot about daylight savings time. That is why everything is off. The problem has been fixed where it can. It ill start at 1000 pm UTC or 11pm euro

So it has come to my attention that I am dumber than dumb. I forgot about daylight savings time. That is why everything is off. The problem has been fixed where it can. It ill start at 1000 pm UTC

You really know, how to attract an audience.

First, creating a time-schedule-raffle, then your bot was muting me for eight minutes for asking the incredible amount of three questions in a single minute, finally you´re slamming the door into ones face, running away?

If this tutorial becomes more and more popular over time, how are you gonna handle a bigger audience of a number of… let´s say… five people?

Don´t get me wrong, maybe my expectations for this session were a bit too high, due to the great C152 tutorial, we have here.

You seem to be new in the “streaming business” which is absolutely ok and welcome. All good things started small, for sure.

But maybe you wanna recap this first session in detail. There is potential for improvement.

You literally asked me four times how to get to your moms house. Yes I realized I messed up on the times. Yes I am new to streaming. Yes there was a lot to improve on. It was something I was trying out and hoping I could shed some light on. But seeing as this is the response I get for firstly fixing a problem if you would have read through it after I had fixed the issue. I understand that there was an issue with the time. Unfortunately I had read the UTC conversion from my time wrong due to daylights savings. But unfortunately when I caught it the time was already set to 10 at night for. And It couldn’t be changed

Nobody tried to hurt your feelings.
It´s just feedback.

I asked how to navigate to some specific point or landmark WITHOUT any other instruments than VOR.
You explained to use GPS in todays aircraft.
See the slight difference?

You are offering a live stream with users to ask live questions, but don´t read the questions on a regular base. So you are getting confused about questions, aiming on a detail, you were talking some minutes ago, which makes not much sense for the actual situation.

So if you want to have live audience, you need to be able to handle the “stress” of such an situation.

There are people, who watch such streams silently and just never come back due to negative impressions. And there are a few others, who actively give some feedback.

So, what kind of audience do you think, will be more useful for you to improve and get better step by step?
Just dry your tears, get back up, dust off your pants, straighten your crown and try to understand the information, you get offered.

Cheers.