Unplayable - Constant CTDs during flight for the past few months

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

Crash to Desktop occurring in every flight. Usually five minutes into the flight after pressing ‘fly’.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

After encountering app crashes, I try to recreate the flight changing many settings along the way. I start by using the F18 Fighter jet to load in the scenery quicker, then change a lot of parts of the graphic settings, starting with the global rendering quality. Then limiting my frame rate per second (From 60-30)

Crashes occur very often in the High-end to Ultra settings. With medium graphics CTDs occur too but takes a little longer to experience this. Some app crashes resulted in the entire PC restarting with the blue screen, happens sometimes. Crashes also occur at both safe mode without mods and with mods. The sim crashes more often with scenery mods such as Google Photogrammetery, so the PC does seem sensible with the rendering of the sim and could be a graphics related issue. The PC has also been restarted many times.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

CPU - Intel(R) Core™ i5-10600K CPU @4.10GHz
Downloaded at Disk D: HP SSD EX950 512Gb
Memory 16Gb
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
GPU Driver version: Up to date 31.0.15.1694
(Another system GPU that is not in primary use - Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630)
Using DX11 at the moment since I have performance issues at DX12 and sim crashes a lot more often here. Also using Steam. Reinstalled the sim once.
Peripherals: Saitek Flight Yoke System+Throttle, Thrustmaster rudder pedals

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Fault bucket 1657895909916754512, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: FlightSimulator.exe
P2: 1.26.5.0
P3: 00000000
P4: WwiseLibPCx64P.dll
P5: 0.0.0.0
P6: 60a67fd2
P7: c0000005
P8: 00000000001fe965
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER17FE.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_FlightSimulator._c848ae6bf42eb882df91986077c2ed468684897_6dcb16b3_a92808b2-9258-45bd-a6b3-75c5fa532014

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: f8aae64b-5f3f-4ac6-af30-c8cb0a48002c
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: 23df4e399e9d5e77a702078bd1294250
Cab Guid: 0

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

I just feel like giving up after browsing through almost every solution in the support pages and forums. I just dont know what to do and what is wrong with the app, I just dont know and I have been already tired of this for a very long time. I wasnt able to play this sim for a few months because of this.

Any help will be appreciated. My computer should be easily capable of running this sim at high-end graphics at a 60fps limit. A year ago I didnt have any problems with the sim, everything was running smoothly as intended. The issues came along to me since last Christmas. And having this in mind I wasnt able to use the pc often due to school and family reasons (Its usually being used)., so only played the sim during holiday seasons

Other recent Fault bucket ID (with mods)

Fault bucket 2263302361983324770, type 4

Problem signature:
P4: nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll
P5: 31.0.15.1694
P6: 62d9e393
P7: c0000005
P8: 00000000001afcd2
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8124.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_FlightSimulator._87df173b56e8fc1814dbe60e57e4bedf236248_6dcb16b3_fc0811ff-4129-4464-b513-4709488b6499

Analysis symbol:
Report Id: 172dfaab-b41e-413f-a3e2-86a062fe7a95
Hashed bucket: bcc11606802c8cb81f68dd81b9519262

Hello @TheDuck8643,
There are some topics on this. This is a search on the above - ordered by latest posts:
Search results for ‘WwiseLibPCx64P.dll’ - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Topic moved into Community Support > CTD Help

Thanks, will check that out.

I am getting the same errors as well and I’ve been working with MSFS Support but they have no clues as they always request the stuff that has been already provided in the past. MSFS CTD’s even in Safe Mode and I’ve reinstalled Windows and MSFS several times while troubleshooting. I am very close to give up and wait for SU10 to see if it fixes my problem.

On the same road mate, I’ll wait until sim update 10, but will also give this solution a try:

Another solution is to uninstall Realitek Audio drivers but I only have the generic windows Audio drivers.

yep, that was often the cause. But dont forget the issues with the Razer Software, just in case you have it installed ( I remember in special these game boost ).

But also note that a BSOD, which you reported too, are often hardware related or driver related. This would also match because you reported " nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll " too.
( testing whether you run into head issue, can you easy with setting a low max fps value )

And a note:

such as Google Photogrammetery,

it comes from Bing :wink:

In case you mean the google-maps-replacement, then uninstall it, clean your windows hostfile and use the default. This mod is a known trouble maker.

After opening a ticket with MSFS support and trying everything they suggested, and still CTD’s, they invited me to join the SU10 Beta group, I installed the SU10 beta version1.27.18.0, and still had the CTD, but at least it pointed out to an issue with my graphics card. I sent the info below to the MSFS Support team to get additional guidance. So, I suggest that if your MSFS is dead in the water, to open a ticket and request access to join SU10 Beta to see if you can find out the cause of the CTD’s.

That is an interesting idea. Will take a look it next week and see if I will find some help.

see here in the BETA topic about the popop for " your graphics device encountered a problem …" :

Thanks. This problem just started two weeks ago, after two perfect years. I’ve reduced the graphic settings, but I am not sure what are the LOD sliders and how can I reduce them. The community folder is empty and it crashes even in Safe Mode. But I have lots of airports loaded from MarketPlace. Should I remove them all?

I see you jumped already into the correct topic, so we come not off-topic here.

Amount of VRAM depends on resolution ( in special if you play in 4K ) and of of course some settings. May be you can choose a preset like “High” and then go in small steps higher with the settings. But as mentioned, better to discuss this within the right BETA topic.

1 Like

After trying the solution above I can conclude that it still doesnt work. But, a lot of improvements have taken place. This time it took about 10 to 15 minutes for a CTD to appear with not only High-end global rendering settings, but also a good 60 fps count instead of 30. The sim seems to load faster too after a fresh and clean reinstall.

I did came across a few interesting results looking into my events.

Fault Bucket

Fault bucket 1978898451455688896, type 4

Problem signature:
P4: nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll
P5: 31.0.15.1694
P6: 62d9e393
P7: c000001d
P8: 0000000000b9ffc6
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER7351.tmp.dmp
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER745C.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER746D.tmp.xml
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER746B.tmp.csv
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER747B.tmp.txt

\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_FlightSimulator._979b86695e4183d7757edb8a915aa1b8ddc3583d_6dcb16b3_f62ef8eb-950a-4f81-89b9-3728a924d32e

Analysis symbol:
Report Id: 842f0e8e-2d23-4662-b2b7-f177f5b1dd2c
Hashed bucket: d428c12522b997c4db7675a82d9640c0

Event 1005

Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program FlightSimulator.exe because of this error.

Program: FlightSimulator.exe
File:

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action

1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
  2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
    • It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
    • It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
  3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
  4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
  5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
Error value: 00000000
Disk type: 0

With that event error, I tierd running a command prompt to scan the disc files, but it was unsuccessful as the disk is unaccessible. I could check if my hard drives are correctly fit into the computer later.

Although after performing a brand new reistall to the flight simulator while also removing old junk in my folder and the sim still crashes, I just dont know what to do anymore and will have to take a look at this issue later.

After months of rock-solid performance and with very few additions, I’m getting constant/frequent CTDs. Even with an empty Community folder. Checked my disk, checked my RAM, made sure everything was updated. No joy. It was happening mostly when landing, but now even when hitting the FLY button or immediately upon loading. I notice after rebooting and starting again after a crash, it always wants to download the same update to Standard Content. The Event Viewer logs are not much help.

This is on a brand new desktop with i9-12900K, 64 Gb DDR5 and RTX3080 with SSD.

I finally gave up and uninstalled MSFS. Waiting for the brutal download to complete. Fingers crossed, it’s better after this. You would think an expiring release would be stable. Sure hope SU10 is better.

1 Like

:hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:
:hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:
:thought_balloon:
:flight_departure:

Glad I decided to checkout the forums - I’ve been fighting this for weeks as well. Reinstalled the Nvidia driver thinking that was the issue since the event log showed a video restart after the CTD. No change. Hadn’t had a major issue for two years until the last month or so. Dropped the settings down a notch and finally managed a 30 min flight Akron to Cleveland - whoopee…