Unreal buildings in Panama

Hello,

I see this unreal buildings in Panama near the village Portugal (8.227520546735377, -81.67414770148505)

next one near Rio Tabasara (8.268445954086104, -81.62224906792329)

It looks like the AI couldn’t interpret the texture they’re seeing from the satellite imagery. so due to the different colours in contrast to its surrounding assumed that it’s an odd-shaped and elevated building.

Hello,

this is the place from scene 1 seen from google maps.

Much lesser green and no such texture to disturb the AI.
In the sim it looks much more like some hills at the “schwäbische Alp” in germany than an äquatorial jungle.

It’s actually very green in Bing Maps… since the sim is using Bing maps as a base for the AI to work on. And I think the AI still doesn’t build the proper building shape from satellite image, and build a huge building instead. It’s probably misinterpreting this whole area as a single building huge instead of a terrain with only a few building due to the way the trees are lined up around the area.

It’s just how the sim renders my house. Since my house has a green rooftop. The sim misinterprets it as a park, so it actually renders a park with trees in the location of my house instead of a house with green roof. It is how it is… That’s just the limitation of the AI generating building based on what they observe. So it’s not perfect… It’s good and decent enough. But I wouldn’t expect perfection.

Thanks for your feedback. Good see that bing maps is ahead sometimes.

And I am calmed down to see that AI is still not that clever yet :wink:

Hello,

Thank you for giving accurate coordinates. I spawned in both locations you gave, and the large buildings are gone. So I will be closing this out.

1 Like