Unresponsive/Freezing After World Update X

I am having two separate issues that both began immediately after installing the latest world update. First, my content manager no longer responds. I just get a spinning circle. I can no longer use any of the Top Gun missions because they will not load without the necessary updates. I also continually get the messages that other updates are required but I have no way of downloading them. The content manager was a bit unreliable in the early days of MSFS and would occasionally pull the spinning circle routine, but it used to correct itself after a few days and it hasn’t been an issue for me in at least a year.

Secondly, the game freezes when returning to the main menu. The loading bar fills up, the text messages regarding different tool tips and trivia continue to scroll but that’s it. When this happens, the usually resource hungry flight sim processes use less computer power than services running in the back ground.

I have tried taking everything out of my community folder with the same results. I then tried to use “Safe Mode” in addition to the empty Community folder and that failed to correct either problem as well.

I have no idea if these two problems are related, i do know, however, that both issues began immediately after the latest USA update.

Is anybody else facing a problem like this? Can anybody can suggest a fix? I emptied my community folder and use safe model with the same results. I am willing to try just about anything. Thanks in advance for your help!

I also have the spinning content manager after update. I can’t proceed past that point nor can I find any help. Hoping you or I one gets a fix to the problem.

You can try this, and see if it works

Thanks for the suggestion! It’s been some time since my initial posting and I am still having the problem. As you can see, your reply is the first and it’s hugely appreciated.

The situation described in the other post is slightly different from mine and I also don’t connect via ethernet… I use WiFi.

Here is what I did to adapt it to my situation: My sim shows nothing but a spinning circle in the content manger and gets caught up in an endless loading screen when exiting a flight back to the main menu. During those incidents, I tried disabling the Wi-Fi but there was no change.

This was my best guess on how to adapt the solution to my problem, but perhaps overlooked something. Any suggestions or techniques are still very welcome!

Disable wifi and reconnect is the same as on the ethernetcard imo, you should see the message your disconnected do not press ok but after reconnecting it should say succesfully connected.
If it does not check if you got other apps running maybe that might be the issue.
If you can profide more info, maybe the community members can chime in and help you find a sollution.

Cheers

Thank you! Your trick does indeed work, but only for half the problem. Turning the Wi-Fi off and on when exiting a flight back to the main menu fixes the endless loading screen. It’s greatly appreciated!

By process of elimination it probably would have taken me 50,000 years before I came up with that combination on my own.

Sadly, I am still without a solution for the content manager. I am unable to use any of the Top Gun content, nor even update the 3rd party planes or content from the Marketplace. So if anybody hears anything, please send it my way. Thanks again!

For the content manager and marketplace the are weirdly enough on my downstairs system greyed out and not working either, while all systems are online,
My system i have in my cave however is working with all marketplace and content features, alltough that is a high end system and makes use of the same conection, they only use the same id, and cannot be started up together at the same time.
Also i havent figured out how this is might be related, but can not really be bothered,

Also if i cant update dowstair through greyed out, i will update from my cave and fix, if that doensnot help i guess it will be game over for my downstairs system which will be then to retire.

As I say, im here to fly, not really to buy, unless the sim runs flawless for all and everyone.

I have heard of situations where 3rd party mods write data to official directories outside of the community folder. I don’t know if that’s a cause of your broken game, but if you installed 3rd party mods, anything goes.

I have done reinstall on my pc downstairs because londen very off line, when i started downloading all i realized i did not had uk wupdate active, so it was stupid of me, but plus side was it took only 3 hours to reinstall now i have marketplace access and content access.
Now i have flown over london low and medium altitude with good fps, and smooth with photogrammetry.
So was it worth, for me yes, although i would have not being able to access wupadate through content manager otherwise.
And i do not have to disable/re enable ethernet/wifi

I do not consider this issue to be solved, but it has miraculously disappeared. I had this problem for 4 weeks and tonight my sim finally returned to the main menu from a flight on its own (without me having to turn my Wi-Fi on and off). I was amazed, of course. So I said a quick prayer to the flight sim spirits and then immediately checked my content manager… sure enough it loaded just fine.

This proves two things (in my mind at least):

1. The two issues are defiantly connected
  2. It had zero to do with anything on my end

I believe this because I have not updated any 3rd party software in at least a week. The only thing that updated (on its own) was the flight sim itself.

So although I’m pleased it’s resolved, I still wish I could understand the cause. As I said in my original post, this kind of issue happened on and off since launch. It annoys you for a few days/weeks and disappears. I’d still love some insight into this issue because it’s a good bet it’s only a matter of time before history repeats itself yet again. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.