Unwelcome welcome in the UK

I have tried to make this a Wishlist item and it never got any votes, but it would make it much easier to report scenery bugs if the sim had an easily accessible ‘copy current GPS coordinates to Clipboard’ button. Maybe at the bottom of the VFR map, or alternatively on the ‘ESC’ menu screen.

It’s a bit annoying as a user to be asked for coordinates when where is no easy way to get them out of the sim.

1 Like

I agree, it was so simple just pressing CTRL+Z in all Flight Simulators to get this and the fps and the minimum air data. Not as rich nor robust as the data output feature found in XP11 but better than nothing like in FS2020.

It’s not super easy or convenient, but one way I found was to save the flight (Esc to Main Menu, Space to save). Then open the .FLT file in Notepad. The latitude and longitude of your position are under [SimVars.0]

Another way that’s kind of easier but a more involved setup is to copy your position out of Little Navmap.

2 Likes

Or just to use the VOR/DME fit.

Yes but these are not scenery bugs, they are part of British culture and heritage. MSFS 2020 is a global product and aims to show the world as realistically as possible, alternatively we could just have a fake sugar-coated Disney World experience. I know which I prefer and it does not include censoring parts of other people’s’ countries on the basis of personal prejudices.

4 Likes

Since my only comment on this thread so far has been to point out there it would be useful to be able to copy GPS coordinates to clipboard, which applies to any scenery bug, I suspect you might have replied to me in error…

I actually agree with you that I would rather not see these 2 items be censored. Certainly not the Heritage Site. I guess the farmers field has less of an impact (and will likely grow over and be gone quickly), but we shouldn’t be censoring cultural sites that have been there for 100s of years in general.

2 Likes

Yes sorry . My comment was not directed at you but at some of the comments saying the original item should be somehow “fixed”. A better response would be to smile and have a little chuckle, and then move on. :slight_smile:

Have a great day flying over the beautiful scenery. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Aaaahhhh… think what might happen when they introduce persistent contrails. The mind boggles.

1 Like

Which bit? The message in the field, or the Cerne giant?

THIS is the real story behind it…

“I tell you mister it is forbidden to march on my lawn.”
“By Jupiter Briton, you are hindering represantatives of Rome to march?”
“My garden is smaller than Rome but my lance is more stable than your sternum.”

2 Likes

N’est-il pas? Farpaitement Monsieur! :smile:

to moderators: I’m sorry for the French in this post but this is a strong reference to the content in the book!

Sadly given the location this could be someone expressing anti-immigrant sentiment.

How odd! It does exist in Bing maps still but I couldn’t find a spot to report it.

Another UK landmark, spotted today on a flight between Manchester and the Lake District.

There are a good variety of landmarks in UK, but as we have done the filth, we may have to revert to chalk figures. It is great for VFR though.

1 Like

Quick reminder regarding the last posts:

:small_blue_diamond:Politics, Religion, and Sexual Content

Politics, religion, and sexual content do not belong in the Microsoft Flight Simulator forums.

If a member is found to have participated in such actions, they will:

• Receive a formal warning from the moderator staff
  • Be banned from the forums for a length of time based on the severity of the infraction up to, and including, indefinitely

Thank you for your attention.

5 Likes

Fair enough.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.