Update 1.16.2 : is MSFS now a CTD generator?

@lockdown2020878 @michalopole818

I must ask if you are comparing the various “versions” against each other or are you comparing them to some other experience with the 152?

I ask, because in recent weeks there have been a very experienced group of real world pilots that have been involved in some vigorous testing of the flight model for the 152 and 172. The consensus is that the aircraft now perform very closely to the real aircraft. Obviously there are atmospheric issues that affect the general “feel” of all the aircraft in the hanger that still needs to be addressed. Turbulence and surface wind effects have been greatly subdued in simulator to satisfy some early complaints that it seemed “unrealistic”.

Within the current atmospheric model, and ignoring some of the systems shortfall, the current 152/172 models are pretty much spot on with the design parameters published by Cessna. I would be interested to hear your analysis of the flight performance.

The discussion about dynamics does not follow the topic in this thread, however. If you could respond in the following discussion it would be far more relevant…
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/cessna-172-performance-analysis-part-1-climb-rate/408318/5