UPDATE 2 (1.12.13.0) Trim and Flight Control Issues - All Aircraft

UPDATE 2 (1.12.13.0) Trim & AP Control Issues

Since the update, all aircraft have roll and yaw control issues, particularly when on auto pilot. I have taken several steps to isolate the problem without much success. At first, I thought this was a problem with my Thrustmaster Hotas X; however, after repeatedly uninstalling and re-installing drivers, and tinkering with calibration, I finally disconnected the Thrustmaster controller but the problems continue regardless of what peripherals are connected.

Iā€™ve also tested this on several aircraft under various settings, and it seems to occur on everything.

I removed all addons (e.g. A32nx FBW). I tested other keyboards and mice, and I also checked all keyboard and mouse settings to ensure there were no conflicts.

Short of uninstalling the sim and re-installing, Iā€™m out of ideas. Iā€™m posting here to see if anyone else is experiencing this, and/or has other ideas to isolate or fix the problem.

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/fOjGBv4
Notice how the rudder and ailerons are both deflected.

Sorry Spinzo2001. Nothing is happening right now in my TBM flight. Do you have ā€œanyā€ add-ons installed? I am running with no add-ons.

Iā€™m glad this hasnā€™t effected others.

1 Like

Just tested 787 out of PMDY with GPS TOGO. No real issues, but AC did porpoise near target altitude. Smoothed out and then increased by 1K feet, did not happen again. Check the ā€œGuides section of forumā€ and download the 787 Autopilot one. He has specific order of things to do, it really helped me with that plane. I terminated flight since I was not experiencing your issues. Manually changed throttle target airspeed several times, no issues. Check settings area of MSFS, sometimes it changes things. I have not checked mine.

Runs fine for me too. NO stuttering, etc., seems this was best update/patch so far. Had nothing in the community folder, and just leave it empty knowing patch is coming.

1 Like

Think Iā€™m having the same issue. Recently, when flying any in game aircraft on autopilot the rudder slowly creeps to the right or left casuing the aircraft to have a bank of approximately 5-10 degrees whilst maintining heading and altitude. Very frustrating

2 Likes

EDIT: I was able to install the missing aircraft through the Content Manager. The flight control problem persists.

decided to do a full wipe and re-install (8-hours). Iā€™d like to say it solved the problem; it did not. To make matters worse, the clean install has created an additional problem where I only have two aircraft in the sim: the TBM and the C152 Aerobat.

• The two aircraft available both have control inputs that cause them to become uncontrollable.
  • Still testing with no peripherals or addons to minimize conflicts
  • I only have two aircraft for my Premium Deluxe Edition of MSFS.

I find this unacceptable. I will hold out hope that a patch is coming soon.

My system details:

Time of this report: 12/24/2020, 21:20:29
     Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19041) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
             Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
  System Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
         System Model: MS-7B48
                 BIOS: 2.30 (type: UEFI)
            Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
               Memory: 16384MB RAM
  Available OS Memory: 16344MB RAM
            Page File: 10349MB used, 28523MB available
          Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
      DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
       Chip type: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
        DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
     Device Type: Full Device (POST)
      Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1B06&SUBSYS_85E51043&REV_A1
   Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER] 

Device Problem Code: No Problem
Driver Problem Code: Unknown
Display Memory: 19299 MB
Dedicated Memory: 11127 MB
Shared Memory: 8172 MB

Hmm, TBM did that to me while back, there is a auto fuel tank/transfer button which you must set. Cannot now remember but think itā€™s in the overhead panel and part of checklist.

I have not flown much, hurt hand, waiting for new joystick and the HC TQ. So donā€™t want to be frustrated with my 15 year old JS, which has lots of wobbles. Waiting patiently, New one stuck in France since 19th. Have not heard from HQ on the throttle quadrant. Argh!!!

Itā€™s not the HOTAS X, believe me. I have severe banking problems with the airlines, especially if I disengage or try to re-engage the AP. Not only that, but often the sim will not let me click on/turn off some AP functions. It says ā€œDisengage this-or-thatā€, but the indicator lights stay on and it takes a while to figure out if something is really on or off! The airlines still ā– ā– ā– ā– .

Es un autentico desastre, yo solo vuelo con el A320, no hay forma de controlarlo, bajan las ruedas, se ponen los aerofrenos, baja la velocidad con piloto automatico, baja de altitud, en definitiva un autencico desastre. Āæalgun dia solucionaran todos los problemas?Āæno hubiese sido mejor lanzar el programa cuando hubiese estado mas desarrollado?

1 Like

I reply in another thread with the same issue, I checked reddit too and much people have the same issue.
In my case, I thought it was my Xbox controller and I buyed another one before read this postā€¦
Now Iā€™m quit of FS until they fixed this serious problem.

All my flights end like this:

Needs to fix ASAP.

4 Likes

I just signed up with gamepass to get MSFS2020. It is unflyable due to dramatic overreaction on x, y, and z axis primary flight controls. Others are saying it resulted from the recent update. I will wait for the next update to try again, as this is a useless unflyable waste of time as is.

Yep same exact issues. First thought oh its my joystick. I reformatted my whole computer. Waited hours too get it to install. Boom. FBW a320 used to fix most issues but now even that does not work. I litterly cant even fly one jet.

p.s I tired it just after i installed it with 0 mods. Still the same. Prior to that everything worked.

Do you all have the flight model set to ā€˜modernā€™ in the options menu?

1 Like

Yes I have saw that it was ā€œModernā€.

So, Iā€™m not sure if this fixes it for others but I have found that autopilot remains active even if you deactivate in cockpit. I have to press ā€œZā€ twice (i.e. Engage and then disengage the AP) and that stops the control issues for me.

yup, stop the issueā€¦ for a moment.

Oh really so it saterted again after?

I have the same issue. Where the rudder does not recenter itself. impossible to land and/or taxi straight!!
Im using a xbox controller to fly with and tested on every aircraft in the Premium Deluxe version.
NO SUCCESS

1 Like

same thing here, its so bad I can only fly manual, very peeā€™d off. AL