Update 7 mayor issues

Here’s my anecdotal experience from just now. I do not run in VR.

High altitude is ok.

Zooming around San Diego in the F/A-18 at full speed, skimming the rooftops. Absolute disaster stutter-fest.

Turn down terrain and distance sliders, no change.
Turn off live weather, no change.
Turn off photogrammetry, no change.
Delete rolling cache, recreate rolling cache (10GB), smooth!
Turn photogrammetry back on, still smooth!

I’ll see how long this lasts. Try it.

i7-10700
32GB RAM
NVMe SSD
GTX-1080
V-Sync 30fps

1 Like

My VR is working but I can’t click in the tool bar either ! Any one have a suggestion ?

2 Likes

See this post (and the thread):

Not tried it yet though

3 Likes

Same! Had to lie down after fighting through the stutters for a few minutes. Everything was perfectly smooth on SU6.

Same here (with high end pc, RTX 3090).
The toolbar workaround is okay, but the performance problems in VR have to be solved by Asobo as soon as possible. Before SU 7 it was great. Now the fun of flying is gone.
Why not roll back the whole VR part?

I used CapFrameX to test the framerates before and after and I’m not finding any major difference. My flights are stutter-free.

If you want to try my settings for a Reverb G2…
DX11
Motion reprojection off
OpenXR at 70% (I actually have this at 85% but I’m running a 6900xt)
In-game resolution 100%
LOD at 100 (if I go above 150 I get severe performance drops)
All other in-game settings 1 notch below max
Most Important Setting: cap your framerate to 30 fps using your graphics card software

It seems that once again MSFS delivers such a diverse spectrum of experience :hushed:. I only managed to get round to the update this afternoon; and as usual it took several hours (that said, without issue).

I’ve now done 4 flights over almost 5 hours … all low level VFR in fairly low impact areas … USA Midwest (default C172 & JF Arrow); and North UK (JF Warrior) also with Bijan’s magnificent seasons reinstalled.

I have to say that (excepting the widely documented stuffed-up menu), it was probably the smoothest VR flight thus far. I didn’t measure FPS, but as measured by my Mk I Human Eyeball, flights were silky and completely stutter free (even on my modest system). Mouse response seems to be a bit worse than SU6 (but still better than SU5). And - although I can’t quite put my finger on it - the graphics seemed better somehow … sharper and with more subtle lighting. Not sure I can explain quite why.

Legacy VR interface (mouse only - don’t use controllers).
DX11
Reverb G2
I7 9700
RTX 2080Ti

Seems like G2 users seem to be having better luck than we Quest users?

Not quite. I am also on G2.
But it seems high end systems are more affected.

Are you running Windows 11?

No, still on 10.

Try this in settings, works for me. If not Ctrl + 0 will work too.

1 Like

but i just got problems of thrust reverse failing to bind a button of joystick and replay caused CTD.
Others are working well. Accepetable !

Turn down terrain and distance sliders, no change.
Turn off live weather, no change.
Turn off photogrammetry, no change.
Delete rolling cache, recreate rolling cache (10GB), smooth!
Turn photogrammetry back on, still smooth!

I did this and it solved my stuttering issue in VR. Its mostly back to SU6 performance. Thanks!

1 Like

I lowed down the rendering scale from 95% to 70-75% with open XR 75% not changed and the situation become much better . although the ground looks a bit blurred but at least I can fly now . G2 owner as well BTW.

PS: after flying a while , found the problem still there , namely the image follows u when you turn you head around in the VR headset . definitely some problems in VR.

1 Like

Indeed, that works too. Alas both workarounds are changing the viewpoint and losing the right-click mouse zoom feature, which is sometimes still essential with GPSes and flight plans.

1 Like

press ctrl+o to use the toolbar in vr

Blast. I do declare the mouse function, cursor visibility and goodness knows what else, have been all over the shop for some time now in VR, at least for me. I do hope Asobo are reading these threads and sits down their VR lads and lasses there to tidy it all up bug wise, plus make it easier to use and understand. I know nothing about programming for VR versus 2D, but honestly, getting the mouse to work would seem the least of their difficulties.

On my G2 I got a lot of CTD after exiting VR mode after this update :frowning:

my only complaint is bad depiction of real live weather, too low clouds, too much fog,
abrupt changes.
so back to presets.