Update flow on Xbox - still a problem

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No, Xbox X

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

Xbox X, I’ve been in your Beta testing since July, and every time there is a Sim Update (even a slight version update within a beta testing period) some basic functionality breaks, and the only way to restore the functionality is to wipe the Xbox, clean install MSFS from scratch. Details below.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

I’ve reported this issue before and during SU10 (when it was declared fixed, but it isn’t). When SU10 final came out, I clean installed my Xbox, and then I was automatically enrolled in the SU11 Beta testing, and everything was fine. After several weeks of not using it, I turned on the Xbox and updated to the most recent 1.29.29.0 and tried the A310…

Right from the start, a lot of cockpit interaction was not working correctly. Specifically some instruments refuse to select, no matter what I did. Also, I was unable to set custom cockpit views (alt ctrl 0-9) as before. It’s long list of little annoyances, but it is obviously still some corruption of settings due to the update process, as I litterally have done nothing else. Each re-install takes a day, and I’ve done it at least 6 times since July.

Frustrating. And it begs the question, how many other reported issues are simply because of some minor corruption of settings (or whatever the root of this issue is), and not actually bugs in the game code - but the installation/updgrade process itself?

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Xbox X

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Started from when I purchased the Xbox and installed MSFS in late May 2022, an ongoing issue.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video: