Update on MSFS Team competing with 3rd party Devs

@SofaJockey you wont notice if you don’t use active addins like LittleNavmap.

Aha. Thanks for confirming the issue. That’s imho bad news for any serious MSFS flightsimmer who would consider buying XBox-X as a replacement for low end PC hardware.

As far as information is considered, there has been very little put out officially, about the decision to abandon SimConnect for XBox. The question was put in the Q&A recently, and word was “we can’t announce it” or something.

Returning to the topic here, as far as I know (and people talk thruth about it) at least some trusted 3th party developers were left in the dark, below was submitted by a trusted third party developer, only 12 days ago in the main topic about this…with the intention to put our minds to rest, it would work until a replacement would be available. Also the network version. I’ll leave out the name, you can find it back there if needed.

… so that is not true, SimConnect won’t be treated as common “legacy” for 2-5 years, it will be removed, at least for XBox-X, before there is any replacement. Period. I certainly hope they won’t abolish this proven technology for the PC version as well !! Common sources for PC and XBox… wasn’t that the plan ?

Above developer is right. There is definitely a way forward. Same machine (localhost) and don’t forget kids hook up their XBox devices all the time… and Microsoft published a procedure involving XBox Console Companion on PC, in order to connect to their XBox device from a PC ! with PC as client. Someone could make a simple driver for it… when Microsoft would release an API for the same method that XBox Console Companion uses to connect.

1 Like