[Update - Workaroud Fix Xbox] Bush trip respawns me in dense forest or in water, unable to continue

Update [Xbox]: I was able to finally resolve the issue (sort of) via workaround by deleting the Reserved Space MSFS file in my Xbox System Menu which ends up deleting all World Updates and re-installing fresh… this restarted me at the Leg 1 airport (Thank God!), I did encounter the Nav Log missing POI bug on this new trip however lol (but at least that’s solvable with some crafty use of VFR).

Anyways here’s the rule of thumb: Try your best not to mess up Leg 1 of Bush Trips. If you do and encounter the respawn in forest/ocean bug your only option is a hard re-install via deleting this Reserved Space MSFS file however BIG
WARNING: This will also delete all other in progress Bush Trips so beware and your World Update content (which will ALL need to be re-downloaded :frowning:

Now I encountered the spawn bug again later (respawned me in ocean and unable to continue), so I tested an alternate fix of deleting the Bush Trip content only from the in-game Managed Content menu and re-installing that specific Bush Trip content. This however did NOT solve the issue as when restarting the Bush Trip I was again spawned directly in the Ocean.

Long story short… deleting the Reserved Space Xbox System file (withing MSFS - Manage this Game) seems to fix this issue BUT its’ all or nothing so if you want to delete it and go down this route you will both lose all other in progress Bush Trip saved data AND you will need to re-download ALL World Event content from scratch … it’s the only way until it’s patched so I wouldn’t advise it if you do not want to go through the trouble. :sob::sob::sob:

If however you encounter the respawn bug on Leg 2 and beyond, restarting Leg 1 seems to also reset future Legs at their starting airport.

The moral of this sad story, make sure whatever you do that you do not crash your plane during Leg 1 of any Bush Trip. I am praying this game breaking bug is fixed during a future update… hotfix or whatnot.

Why oh why must this be such a pain lol Bush Trips are easily my favourite part of MSFS

5 Likes