Update: Savage Carbon - STOL Realism Mod (v2.10 / Dec 27, 2022)

UPDATE: v1.0.6 RELEASED!

DOWNLOAD from FLIGHTSIM.TO

CHANGE LOG

Changelog v1.0.6:

• Autopilot. Tweaked for a smooth ride and removed the pitch oscillation problem. You will need to manually turn it on though in a config file (one time only for each of my updates) as the autopilot unfortunately turns on by default if you start in the air. I fear that would confuse too many players. Hence…one manual action will be required if you want this feature. Please see below for a simple instruction.
  • Liveries. Rust Bucket added to the collection. Looking sharp. And rusty.
  • Night VFR! Subtle cockpit lights as well as navigation and double strobe lights have been added. All angles of visibility are according to FAA regulations. Brighter landing lights have been installed too.
  • Electrical Systems upgrade. Engine charges the battery properly now according to various RPM rates (5500 RPM charges much faster than idle). Power consumption of various systems is now also correct. No more flat avionics mid flight, but I would recommend turning off landing lights during normal flight. They should not be on then and consume a lot of electricity. It’s what you would do for real.
  • Multiplayer Sunken Planes. Fixed.
  • Propeller. Replaced the wooden propeller with carbon fiber for all planes except DDay liveries. Comes with a 3% increase in power as a carbon prop typically would give you when compared to wood.
  • Flight model realism improvements. Especially the yaw and pitch axis have been improved (more “lose” and less “auto pilot”). You’ll need to work a bit harder now as you should in a taildragger. Warm up your happy feet and use that rudder. Flying certainly feels a bit more real and exciting! Do note however that Adverse Yaw is not yet simulated in FS2020 (not a single plane has this at the moment).
  • Correct white arc added to the cockpit ASI. However, the “incorrect” arc that is painted on the glass is still there. Currently this is out of my control (I spent hours researching this silly little thing), waiting for a better SDK so I can replace the glass or gauge.
  • Little things here and there.

AUTOPILOT

The autopilot is disabled by default as it is not installed in the Savage. If you want its functionality you will need to manually enable it as per the instructions below. Use your own keybinds to manage the autopilot on / off state, altitude hold and heading hold.

1. Go to your community folder
  2. Go to gotgravel-savage-carbon / SimObjects / Airplanes / Asobo_Savage_Carbon
  3. Open the file engines.cfg in a text editor
  4. Go to the last line and change the 1 to 0 (DisableAutopilotControls = 0)

BE A SUPPORTER

This Savage Cub to Savage Carbon conversion mod is free and always will be, but if you enjoy it and feel you want to contribute towards this project it will always be appreciated.

PayPal_Logo_Icon paypal.me/gotgravel

4 Likes