Upgrading from XBOX to PC, what do you think about this configuration?

Hello everyone,

First of all make a small presentation, I started in flight simulator in the old days of FS2004, I was “out” for a few years and I came back a year ago, buying an XBOX S, I have been thinking about upgrading to XBOX X, looking for a graphical improvement, but the downgrade that XBOX has suffered with the arrival of SU11 has made me rethink things.

I’m thinking of spending more (basically double…) on a PC, but my budget is limited, so I’m considering the following configuration.

i5-12400F
16 GB RAM @ 3200 mhz
RTX 3060 12 GB

I usually fly GA, but also fly aircraft like HJET… my idea is to fly in 1080p, not VR at the moment, but maybe 4K in a near future…

Do you think this setting is enough to make FS work with a good framerate on high with some settings on ultra??

Thanks in advance!

I have a similar setup albeit with a R5 3600 CPU instead of the Intel, 32gb of 3600 mhz DDR4 and a RTX 3060 and I’m getting 50+ fps on the ground (depending on the airport, your milage may vary) and upwards of 80fps in the air, settings on a mixture of High and Ultra at 1080p.

1 Like

I"m assuming you’re looking at the Hp omen 40l. I got mine about a month ago and honestly i could not be happier. I run about medium high settings and cap the frames at 30 and its very smooth pretty much everywhere. I even use the fenix and it doesn’t seem to hurt my frame rate at all unless I’m in a very detailed very busy airport. All in all I highly recommend that setup for msfs and if it is infact the 40l its a great case and very upgradable platform.

Thanks guys

From your comments, and Youtube videos I’m watching, the setup seems capable of moving at high settings, while maintaining a good framerate, even at 2k by lowering the settings a bit.