Upgrading GTX1070

Thanks for all the replies gents!
Think i will first invest in a new PSU and maybe some faster DDR4 RAM (Will this make a big difference in gameplay btw?).
Afterwards,I’ll see what i find on the market at that time.

Brgds,
Steven

Yes, faster DDR4 will make a difference if you’re coming from DDR4 2133 Mhz. From what I can recall, I think the 9700k IMC can handle DDR4 3200. If I were you, I would buy a quality CL16 DDR4 3200 kit and try to run the XMP profile. Thanks to DDR5, DDR4 is pretty cheap right now. In the worst-case scenario that you can’t run 3200 Mhz stable, you can just downclock it to 2666 Mhz to meet the 9700k specs from Intel.

I would also take this time to upgrade to 32 GB of RAM. Running with 16GB can be problematic, especially with a game like MSFS which tends to use and prefer a lot of RAM.

Intel® Core™ i7-9700K Processor

1 Like

Hi gents,me again :).

Just a small update/inquiry again.
It seemed i had 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM after all (thought i had XMP enabled,but it wasn’t).So now i’m running 16Gb of DDR4 @ 3200Mhz.
I have the Sharkoon SilentStorm Cool Zero 850W PSU on order (Is this a solid one?) so i’m covered power wise.

Now i got the opportunity to buy a second hand EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 10GB for 550€-600€.
I also got a ASUS RTX 3070ti TUF gaming which i’m negotiating with for 450€.
What would be the better choice/deal?Both come in box with all accesoires and both seem legit sellers.

Brgds,
Steven

Without question the RTX 3080 and I see there’s cheaper available (€500 2nd hand)

Keep us informed about your performance with the new set up.

Allright,just an update on things.
I got my hands on a RTX3070Ti instead of the 3080(was outbid) but not too sad about it.I feel the 3070Ti fits my current setup more.
So i upgraded my PSU up to a 850Watt one and then the RTX3070Ti.Performance wise in the sim,big difference but it do see missed potential from the card.Like mentioned above (and i know this also),i’m now limited by my CPU.
None the less,i’m getting great performance at high/ultra settings @40-50FPS.
Next step will be a change of Mobo and CPU,but think i will wait out a couple of months to see what AMD is comming with.

One thing i’m still unsure of is to use DLSS.I seem to be having more instablity in the sim using it then using TAA.Do note i use DX11. Would it be better to go DX12 and DLSS or…?

1 Like