USB Flight Controllers freeze

Brief description of the issue:

Since Christmas every flight I experience all Controllers freezing.

I have a Saitek Cyborg Evo Joystick, Saitek Throttle Quadrant, CH Pro Pedals, GoFlight - LGT11 and a VrInsight Airbus FMCU, all connected through Powered USB Hub

All Controls except Mouse freeze for about 10 seconds or seemingly randomly

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

All worked well before Christmas, but, since then I kep getting these control freeze.
I have tried plugging them directly into USB 2.0 sockets on the PC, I have tried them in a different hub.
I have just bought a powered hub and tried them in that, but, it has just done it again.

Any Suggestions?

Are you using VR? Or just normal?

Also, have you tried testing them individually? There may be an issue with one of the peripherals. Other thing you can do is check your USB under hardware manager and disable any automatic power settings. Your computer may be disabling them as part of your power management profile.

No VR Just straight flying, usually the FBW Airbus, but, whilst this is happening the Cessna 152

I have disabled the automatic power settings but, they seem to reset back

Hmm, that’s odd I suspect your power management profile is changing it. Change your power management so that there is no restriction at all. Lots of guides online to help you. Test that out and let me know how you get on.

Just Google “Windows 10 power management USB”

Some other things to consider trying if the above doesn’t work

1. updating your motherboard USB drivers
  2. test using less peripherals attached. I would recommend testing each infividually

@Tezbedz did any of these work?

I have changed the USB power management so that it does not change power setting.
I also reinstalled all peripherals.
I started using just joystick, which worked then rudder which was still ok. The throttle seems to cause the problem.
I’ve discovered that if I have ATC on a second monitor, if the controls freeze, I have to click on main window. So the answer would seem not to open atc or VFR Map on second monitor.
I am going to try some other things tomorrow. It’s simple enough with the cessna, but, bit more complex with the airbus

Make sure the HUB is using a USB 3.0 or higher plug. With all the items you have plugged in, the bus may not be able to handle it at USB 2.0. If not USB 3.0, time to upgrade PC. If your present hub is not USB 3.0 capable, time for new hub. Get one with long cord and lots of ports, make sure it’s capable of USB 3.0 or higher, and better yet, powered by the USB-C port to it if possible. See monitor info below.

I have plugged into my hub unpowered but capable. Logistic 3D Pro, Logitech G910 Keyboard, Western Digital 8TB drive. It also can power two HDMI monitors, two different Memory cards. If use two monitors the Hub must be powered. Tested running this monitor from it unpowered, worked fine. If dual monitors in your future, make sure the HUB you choose can run at least 4K in case you want to move to that level. All out of USB-C type plug into hub. I have no devices which do not work. Out of PC Direct, Samsung Ear Bud+, Western Digital 4TB Drive, and Logitech Wireless Mouse Controller. Occasionally, the keyboard stops working, I attribute that to just a poor keyboard, as I hate this one with passion. Don’t know which replacement I will get, because I want to touch/feel any and all of them to see which one I want. TMI.

I use the earlier version of this one. Don’t believe it has enough ports for you, but something to consider. Had for couple months, no issues. MADE IN CHINA.

Amazon.com: TOTU USB C Hub Upgraded 13 in 1 Type C Hub to 4K HDMI & DP, VGA, 2 USB3.0/2 USB2.0/75W PD, Triple Display Docking Station for Macbook Pro and Windows USB C Systems, macOS only Support Mirror Display: Computers & Accessories

I am having the same problem with VR and ‘normal’ (w/o VR) flying.

do you use WMR VR? If so make sure its turned off when using the sim in non VR mode since WMR still runs in the background.

I looked up WMR VR and don’t know if this turned on or how to check for it. I use an Oculus Quest 2, which I don’t believe uses WMR VR.

1 Like

Ok no you won’t have wmr installed then. Must be an actual bug. I actually had this USB issue occur again yesterday but it was due to the sim not being run in full screen mode.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.