Use Azure to give ATC regional accents

They could be alpha beta testing something using Azure servers. It will be great to have if when it arrives. I’ve not heard any more regional accents since.

1 Like

Just flew from Heathrow to Maastricht, and for whole of 2nd half of flight had British English dialects. Even the ATC in Maastricht had a British English dialect. Very mysterious. I should have some clips. Just noticed that I got an Azure speech warnign before hand, but the backup is British English? and not the more mechanical non Azure speech? Weird.

I have more ATC failure / No-ATC-Voice nore text (only my Co answers) lately.

1 Like

I agree, this would greatly add to the immersion when using the in-game ATC!

3 Likes

Beside all other problems with the MSFS ATC, which has been already mentioned, It would be nice to get some different english accents for the most noticable countrys/ languages. This would bring a huge immersion to the Sim.

The Most importent and striking are:

-Spanish (Spain and latin America)
-Italian
-France (France and Africa)
-Chinese (also usable for other Asia countrys)
-Indian
-Russian
-Arabic (for the whole Arab world)
-and Oxford English for UK

1 Like

Since 1 year aprox. the game is mixing Spanish and English. No solutions yet to this issue?

I have the game in Spanish (not voices of course because is not dubbed, but the texts and subtitles) but the copilot voice suddenly includes Spanish words but with English voice. For example, while doing the checklist before flight.

I only want the texts and subtitules in Spanish but the instructor speaking English, with English words of course.

My Windows is in Spanish and I have selected the “Azure” option in the game text to speech.

Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version? Game Pass on PC.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? No.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue: Last version, but it happens from April-May 2021.

Happens in Italian too. I opened a post on this months ago. Solution should be to change your operating system language to English.

The same thing just happened to me over Bristol. An Azure text to voice error message flashed up and suddenly I was listening to very proper pilot and ATC accents from 1950.

Sadly, next flight we were back to the standard US accents.

Those regional accents are in there somewhere though, trying desperately to get out!

1 Like

I think there are locally generated text to speech type things, but yes with regional accents. I’ve heard quite a few now. Some are so comical sounding they crack me up every time :laughing:
I remember using a 3rd party program for regional dialects/acxents in FS2000 era. It was excellent and covered loads of the World. I just wish 20 years of sim progress had brought the option in game by now. They should be reaching out to the community to record things and spread the load around, they could have the world covered recordings wise in a couple of weeks.

1 Like

It’s the first time I have had it . The ones I got last night were so weirdly specific that I ended up Googling clips from the film Angels One Five.

It does seem odd that given the available technology and the size of the potential audience that this isn’t properly implemented. Then again, we would have lots of threads about how unplayable it is because the controllers have the wrong regional accent!

2 Likes

different voices indeed would be so much nicer then only hearing that same guy over and over and over. I have only hear 1 different man voice and a female voice once, at atc manchester

Taking off from a country in Africa and hearing a Caucasian English voice - not likely - yes it happens for sure - but you will hear an African dialect over the radio 90% of the time.

Flying from India hear Indian accent-dialect over the radio.

Different dialects are needed. When you are flying through different regions you hear the differences.

I remember “Flight Unlimited 2” the ATC and other pilot voices were highly diverse (that was 1997).

It would be beautiful when fly over some country for example Germany, France, Italy and hear their accent speaking English on atc…

It’d be unreasonable to expect a different accent for every single country (the devs already have enough on their plate), but I’d like to see the sim world split up into regions, and a generic accent for each.

I can’t define, for example, a generic European accent, as there’s no such thing, but I think everyone knows what I mean.

Hi all,

I have had MSFS since alpha and pretty much have only heard the same x2 voices (the male or female voice) since then.
I downloaded it on my laptop whilst away and was shocked to hear different voices. Any idea why this is?

If they want to pay me to voiceover an Aussie and a NZ accent (both slightly different,) for all sorts of ATC phrases, I’m ready. :rofl: