Use of an (very) old joystick

Hello,
My T16000M being suddenly out of work (always the same problem with rudder axis) I tried my first joystick bought in 2004 (microsoft SideWinder) and I was surprised it was not recognized. This old JS works very well with FSX, P3Dv5, XP11.50, AFS2 and FG (I just tried) : then why not with MSFS ?
Thank you for comments.
Best regards

My FFB2 works very well under 2020

Hello,
Mine is the basic one (sidewinder with 2 axis and a slider). Its name appears in the panel but nothing can be done (grey without any label).
Best regards

I use an X.56, but I also have an old Sidewinder and I did briefly use it to control the drone camera. It worked fine, alongside the X.56. I just plugged it in and could set it up as normal.

Hello,
Is there a way to make this old Sidewinder working : some configuration file to modify ?
Thank you

I didn’t modify anything, just plugged it in and set the controls I needed for the camera. Later today I will try using it to fly and see what happens :grinning:

You probably just have to make a manual mapping. I usef a Sidewinder precision pro and force feefback pro without issues. Just had to do the manual mapping of input

OK I simply plugged it in, calibrated in Windows and then ran MSFS 2020. I simply had to set the various inputs I need and did a short flight - I had forgotten how simple life is using this old bit of technology :wink:

Hello,
Thank you very much for the “manual mapping of input idea”. It’s OK now. In fact almost OK as I just discovered this old JS had an elevator problem. Then I come back to the T16000M and I try to use it without rudder axis (which is broken). My problem is now to activate the feature “auto rudder” and it is not very clear to make it working well.
Best regards

PS I’m thinking to a new JS. What about the TCA Sidestick Airbus using Hall effect for all axis ?