User screenshots on loading screen

There are thousands of photorealistic screenshots out of this wallpaper machine, why not use them randomly for loading screens with the name of their pilots?

Wouldn’t it be cool to have your personal screenshots as loading screens?
Maybe we could select some and they randomly appear.

3 Likes

Cool idea!Totally agree with you.We really need something to do or to see while waiting for that blue snake reaching the end point.

Wouldn’t it be also very cool to have alternating loading screens from the community, implanted (via automated update) by Asobo/Microsoft, changing every week. Of course, someone from Microsoft/Asobo would have to choose these.

This is more of a low priority suggestion, but I think it would be an interesting idea that might be positively recieved by the community.

Having flown the simulation for about a month now, the same images on the loading screens get a little dull seeing the same images time after time.

IDEA:
Maybe code could be incorporated that takes random screen shots at various times during your last session and these become a pool of photos that could be used by the simulator on the loading screens.

LEMONS into LEMONADE:
The loading screens are long waits due to the complexity of the simulation and data being loaded, so this takes that negative, looking at the same photo over and over and turns it into a POSITIVE seeing a fun random photo from your own flights. (randomly chosen).

A fun personal enhancment and something to look forward to on the next session.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s been all this time that the subject was created…
Yes me too, I leaned towards that … It’s a shame to leave all these images in a folder, especially in general people do not look at the pictures taken several months ago… In addition I think that the community will be happy to see their pictures appear on their favorite game (at the startup screen and during the loading screens)
<< In addition MSFS could be the first game to do that >> (I think)
GOOD FLY A ALL :call_me_hand: :crazy_face: :call_me_hand:

I did this! There was an addon a few months ago that inadvertently replaced the loading screens with their own screenshots. They eventually removed it, but not after I reverse engineered how it’s done.

It’s pretty basic really. I’m happy to write up a procedure if you’re interested.

I then wrote a small batch file to run on startup to pick 10 random pics from my screenshot folder, convert them to jpg (Bc my screenshots are png), copy them over to my Community folder, and update the layout.json automatically (not sure if it’s needed but why not).

Note: I’m not a developer, just a hack.

Let me know if there’s interest and I’ll post how I did it.

1 Like