Using MSFS2020 as a replacement for FlightGear Displays

I am trying to replace FlightGear with MSFS2020 to interface to an external simulation. I believe the interface to FightGear is just UDP packets. I do not want to develop anything inside of MSFS, just provide it with state information for the vehicle based solely on calculations done externally. This simulation would in fact have a real DA42 connected to an environment and control simulation. I’m just looking to do the display using MSFS graphics environment and scenery.

A second option might be using the game’s flight dynamics, but I’d still need to be able to feed it throttle, stick, pedal, and other control inputs.

It seems all of the discussion is about how to develop within MSFS and that’s not an option. I ran across something called FSUIPC7, but don’t know much about it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Jason

Interesting scenario.

I can’t currently see you getting away without coding. I recommend SimConnect. Using SimConnect you will be writing a middle-ware application to interface between your simulation and MSFS. You are strictly not actually writing within MSFS but in between the 2 apps.

SimConnect is free whereas FSPUIC is not free. Both will achieve the same objective if you are willing to code.

The SDK has some sample applications on how to use SimConnect. But you will probably need to write your own UDP server/client.

For your second option to feed throttle etc. try vJoy. It is a virtual joystick.