[v2.7.1] Ka-10M "HAT" coaxial helicopter & Kuznetsov carrier group | TouchingCloud feat. Got Friends

Thanks for the feedback!

Rotor and wash effects will be fixed in next update (approximately next Thursday)
Sérgio from review above got version with smooth rotor blades, that’s how it looks

We are collecting feedback about sounds, they may be adjusted or even completely replaced in the future.

5 Likes

I retract my earlier statements, sorry was not. Aware that was early release, and not finished item.

Highly likely it will be Mil helicopter. But let’s finish this one first :smiley:

4 Likes

Will all your future products come to Xbox aswell ? :grin:

Im really enjoying the KA10M although i will need alot of practice :smiley:

Depends on aircraft complexity, and WASM support by Xbox. If helicopters will get decent flight model and instruments/gears simulation, then yes. We are also making soaring aircraft - gliders and hang gliders, they are planned to be released on Xbox. Discus already here, we have participated in development.
Our other add-on, JW1 jetpack, was supposed to be released on XBOX, but because it has advanced hovering stabilization and chute physics simulation scripts inside of WASM it still in the hold list. Like many others cool aircraft.

Awesome to know thanks :grin: im excited to see how the ka10m will get better with time

Would you consider Auto-Gyro

1 Like

Just picked it up; it’s already fun to fly. Looking forward to the updates.

And I’ll add another one for the ‘future projects’ suggestion: I’ve always been fascinated with the Kamov KA-26. I would LOVE one of good quality in this sim. I liked it so much, I actually had a developer build me one back in the days of FS '98 when none existed. Thankfully over the years there’ve been one or two.

Kamov helicopters are just so interesting. I’d absolutely pay a 100 euros for a Got Friends-level quality KA-26. And I’m not joking in the slightest.

2 Likes

Yes Ka-26 and Ka-25,-27,-29.

Why isn’t the update out yet

Hello! v1.4.0 update was sent to MS team on Monday with such fixes:

Improvements:

• AI assistances disabled (Volocopter way - communication and checklist assistances still available)
  • pitch rotation force added during cruise flight
  • rotor blades icing visuals blur
  • pilot and instruments camera position adjustments
  • wind sound volume increased

Fixes:

• downwash effect appearance bug
  • gauges glass poor transparency
  • water handling at engine idle
  • poor rotor blades animation during rotation (transparency added)
  • minor model tweaks

But it still didn’t get to the testing stage and, as result, was not released. We are not able to affect it anyhow and just hope it will be released next update cycle. I am sorry for the delay and thank you for the patience.

Meanwhile, small video tutorial was made for the Xbox users specifically. It’s temporary and will be remade after future flight model and instruments upgrade.

8 Likes

Any plans for a paintkit?

Here it is, contains: textures (*.png), livery package example, UV layouts (*.png), textures sources (*.xcf)

Download paintkit from Google Drive

3 Likes

Update v1.4.1 is out!

List of changes:

Improvements:

• Flight assistances disabled (Volocopter way - communication and checklist assistances still available)
  • pitch compensation force added during cruise flight
  • rotor blades icing visuals blur
  • pilot and instruments camera position adjustments
  • wind sound volume increased
  • rotor gear whining pitch level decreased

Fixes:

• downwash effect appearance bug
  • gauges glass poor transparency
  • no water handling at rotor idle RPM
  • poor rotor blades animation during rotation (transparency added)

Meanwhile, we are working on next update - with Admiral Kuznecov aircraft carrier included! Some details and preview will be available soon.

7 Likes

Any pic or list of the key bindings used for the XBox controller?

By the way, the update is AMAZING!

1 Like

Any idea when the next update will be released?

No solid date I am afraid. But we can share some development progress and future plans!

1. we are finishing aircraft carrier group:
  • Admiral Kuznecov carrier with 3 jet blast deflectors and 2 lifts (can be controlled by ingame panel regardless aircraft type or platform), native arresting gear simulation (compatible with F/A-18 and any other airplane with arresting gear support), wake and smoke effects. All weapons removed, so do not hesitate to bring some NATO aircraft on the deck :grin:
  • Kirov class cruisers - they are landable as well, also swaying on waves to make landing process more complicated (it’s not so good as sounds because of poor collision surface simulation, so it’s optional feature - can be toggled from ingame panel).

Just a reminder, carrier group will be part of Ka-10M product so will be available for anyone who purchased it already, or will purchase in the future.

1. After carrier stuff finished, we will spent several days to investigate new helicopters flight model - if it easily adjustable and can be used for our needs, updated Ka-10M FM will be included into next update as well. If it will require more time for proper implementation - then only carriers will be included.

7 Likes

Thanks for the update. I really enjoy puttering around in this little heli. This is def the best fun per $ payware with msfs imho. Thanks.

1 Like

Great news everyone! We finally finished flight model conversion and ready for v2 release.
There are some limitations - like no two rotors support yet, but we did our best to make it fly as close to original as possible. You can expect further updates while helicopters flight will became more flexible.

New version available on SimMarket now, it includes helicopter and carrier group. We will collect bug reports and feedback in next several days, then submit new update to MS Marketplace release team.

5 Likes