[V2B2 RELEASED] Fenix High-Fidelity A320

Trans FL is either mentioned in an approach plate or mentioned in ATIS recording (D-ATIS on Vatsim, not the default MSFS ATC) or given directly by ATC (it is not implemented in the sim).
Baro/Radio minimums (DA/DH) are also mentioned in an approach plate.
If you have an active Navigraph subscription, then you can try searching for all that info in the ‘Navigraph’ app on the EFB tablet.

1 Like

I linked them in a post earlier in this thread:

1 Like

Hi all, yes i am very very positive surprise with this aircraft, i like it a lot :slight_smile: keep going Fenix team :slight_smile: i can recomended to all who like to fly with airbus :slight_smile:

The screenshot with the clouds looks not bad. Just the grey tone is way too dark, clouds are way more bright when flying above.
Clouds are mostly pure white with casted shadows on each other - not grey. That´s one little detail that looks somehow off in the otherwise perfect photorealism :slight_smile: the grey coloured clouds.
Only when a thunderstorm is coming clouds are coloured dark blueish-grey.

@ gordongreig
AWESOME thanks for these manuals!! Wow I will probably not compare the Fenix Airbus with these 3776 pages real Airbus manuals :smiley: this is even for me too much. But reading details about specific systems and the turbines will be very interesting.

1 Like

Transition level is usually 1000ft above the transition altitude when the QNH is above 1013 and 1500ft above the transition altitude when the QNH is below 1013.

1 Like

In Israel, for example (Ben Gurion Airport) - Transition level is FL200 and transition altitude is 18000 feet (you can see this on approach plates).
But thanks nonetheless, I will use the rule you provided in cases when transition FL is not mentioned explicitly in the charts.

I fly there a lot. But this is because Ben Gurion has non-standard altimetry procedures. Within Tel Aviv FIR, whenever we’re flying over land below FL330 we need to fly on regional QNH (even above the TL/TA). If for any reason I had to level off above the TL while on QNH, I’d ask ATC what altimeter setting they want us to fly because even though it’s clearly written on paper, it would feel very strange for me to fly a random altitude instead of a flight level above the TL. Terrain is an issue in this place and they have a whole set of non-standard practices (not only for the altimeter) probably in place due to potential activation of the Iron Dome and what not. It’s an interesting place to fly to.

Whenever we fly there we go on QNH pretty much at TOP of Descent. Flying outbound from Tel Aviv, we stay on QNH until passing the coast line.

In places with standard altimetry procedures, whenever you see TL by ATC, the rule applies 99% of the time:

If QNH ≥ 1013hPa then TL=TA+1000ft
If QNH < 1013hPa then TL=TA+1500ft
Any difference stated in the ATIS or in the airport GEN charts takes precedence.

4 Likes

Just did a full manual final approach with the Fenix A320 in IGS 13 of VHHX, it’s a first to land smoothly on a typhoon day with gust winds here and there

1 Like

I think it might be a little more challenging after the next sim update when they re introduce wind gusts.

Of course it could be, I would hope they got the rain effects back as heavy rain and low visibility, not so real with clear sights in typhoon

I’ve relented and ordered a Tobii 5.

My Wi-Fi can be a real pain, so I’ve - for the moment - abandoned my popped out PFD, ND & Engine page combo on my tablets. It all worked fine, but lately SpaceDesk has been disconnecting multiple times during a flight. A bit of a pain.

Anyone have any experience/comments on using the Tobii 5 with the Fenix?

(7) The Future of Head and Eye Tracking for MSFS? Tobii Eye Tracker 5 with a Real Airbus Pilot - YouTube

1 Like

Awesome!
This looks really good.
Thanks for that :+1:t2:

1 Like

This plane can only be flown in calm weather. Otherwise, it is difficult to control the roll direction at the moment of take-off and landing.

Yes, I agree, and this is my main complaint about the Fenix A320. Anything more than a 5 knot crosswind makes it quite difficult to stay on the center line, especially during landing. By comparison, it’s not quite as dramatic on the PMDG 737.

Maybe setup the Autoland? helps a lot in this kind of situation.

Has the Fenix Airbus an increase of engine vibrations simulated when flying through icing conditions?

I know wrong season but has anyone ever noticed strong vibrations? I am curious if this is simulated… :slight_smile:

There’s no “wrong season” at all!
You can test it yourself if you fly it on the Southern Hemisphere of our planet and I’m pretty curious what you will find out. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi all,
Sorry if this is the wrong forum. Have been trying to use the MSFS replay with the Fenix A320. Trouble is, all wing surfaces do not replay correctly (in fact they are always retracted). I used to use FlightControl Replay… Is there an issue between Fenix A320 and the built-in Replay feature?

I would think anything that’s run outside of the base sim might have issues being read by replay, so it’s not unreasonable to think that it won’t work because all of the core functionality in FENX is in the external app. Depends on what your replay software is capturing in the sim and whether or not the external app is providing it.