[V2B2 RELEASED] Fenix High-Fidelity A320

Who says you’d need to go to the southern hemisphere? You can find icing conditions anytime the TAT is <-10º and there’s visible moisture and that can happen in the middle of summer in Dubai. Remember up there is usually friggin cold.

2 Likes

Aha, even better for him (or her)! :grin:

I’m looking for a procedure or tutorial on the use of the FLS.
I’ve just used it on an RNAV into 05 LPMA. Although it put me on the centreline and I did an excellent landing (for me that means no one dying) I didn’t really have a clue as to whether I was doing things correctly or not.
Heck, I don’t even know what FLS stands for something landing system I suppose.
I’ve searched for information in the usual places including youtube and so far got zilch.
Nijntje91 mentioned it briefly in a post a couple of weeks ago but other than that there’s very little.
If anyone knows where I might find a bit more information to help understand it better it would be much appreciated.
Thanks

This video have a section about the FLS

3 Likes

Brilliant Thanks

Backbox711 made a lot of good videos on youtube

I haven’t watched any of his before, quite long so I’ll take a look later. Thanks

Wow this is beyond impressive! The shine of the engine core exhaust is creating a bright area under the wings!

When changing heading the shine reflected from the engine core is moving under the wing, and disappearing when the sun is no longer hitting this polished steel area.

Already love Fly by Wire! Finally no more endless never-ending trimming until giving up and switching the autopilot on, but the aircraft stays in the position I put it in. PERFECT!

What do we have here, terrain radar and weather radar, and even scanning in an animated radar panning cone! Perfect!

The engine roar is the most epic roar I have ever heard. THAT is how a true CFM-56 dinosaur from the eighties roars! :smiley:

Ah so that´s a DDR Mi, I thought on the 1988 version of the Airbus we can have an optional eastern block agent on board - but it´s a classic DME distance meter.

I am sure that Print AIDS button on the middle panel has a rational explaination too, and has nothing to do with the pilot´s last blood test.

Right from the start I knew that me and this Airbus will have a long and good friendship because the flight physics and flight dynamics is PERFECT!
Finally an aircraft that does not almost take off on it´s own but being in need of some serious Angle of Attack to start climbing, rolling along at least 1/5 of the runway with the nose and frontwheel up. I love that because that truly gives a feeling of being fully loaded with heavy freight.

And the cockpit looks perfect.
The only slightly negative things I was able to find in the cockpit is this detail, the footrest uses texture mirroring (just like the Carenado M20 Ovation which had to obvious repeating patterns in the footrest too) but this is just a minor texture inconvenience I am going to fix this week.
Hm we will see if Fenix is forcing to take down my Fenix Airbus texture fix for absolute perfectionism-OCD nitpickers and rivet counters :smiley: but I doubt this will happen.

Interesting things have occured with the autopilot. It switched off and refused to switch on again!
LOVE IT finally some interesting failures and real deep stuff to study and learn about, instead of “everything is 100% functional as usual yaaaawn nothing ever happens…” casual aircraft would do. Finally a new interesting airplane with new questions about systems and functionality to fully dive in like it was the Grand Canyon! Maybe it was a circuit breaker, maybe another error who knows who knows being excited!!!

Did you notice that some buttons have super high detailled high polygon covers to take off? Awesome things to toy around inside the cockpit everwhere!

Or look at this detail here - a tiny translucent plastic cover is over this … eh sorry my knowledge about Airbus is basic and it´s my first Airbus pilot day… this … panel of doing unknown things until having watched at least 100 hours of training and tutorial videos!

This red ehm… doing-things-unbeknownst-to-me-button is even reflecting in that glass when the cover is taken off!

Awesome this Fenix Airbus is PURE EPICNESS :smiley:

But as an old Boeing veteran who knows literally nothing about Airbus except joystick forward = down, joystick backward = up, and left / right is left / right, there will be endless awesome functions and systems to learn in the following weeks.
And every detail function system and knowledge I will learn will be a pure blast!

5 Likes

Uhm, weather radar? Anything I missed?

Was about to ask the same question :eyes: terrain radar does not work in the current version…

Terrain radar works nicely but not weather

I know its being picky, but its not terrain radar. Its a display based on elevation data.
Richard

1 Like

What system does the real A320, being simulated, have?

Correct! I mixed them up :wink:

Both terrain radars are being switched on automatic when flying too low with a terrain ahead warning:

The P2F Freighter liveries are already installed, unfortunately the Fenix liveries cannot have the windows blocked to make it more look like a freight plane:

Some really awesome liveries are available for the Fenix!

Can´t wait for the official freighter + IAE V2500 turbine update of this beyond awesome plane :slight_smile:

Again. That’s not a terrain radar. That’s a terrain map.

4 Likes

May I ask if in real plan a terrain map rather than radar?

In the real airplane it’s not a radar. It’s based on a terrain elevation database.

On the other hand, the weather radar has a ground mode, but it’s rarely used.

4 Likes

Update from Aamir;

Good afternoon @everyone,

I’ve put together a quick update about what we’re working on to keep you all abreast of our internal status. It’s worth remembering that what I’m talking about is not by any means an exhaustive list, but it should cover some of the broader areas we’re currently working on.

For the next update:

1. VNAV vertical pathing math has been completely ripped out and replaced with a much more accurate set of algorithms - this was a hefty undertaking in the short space of time that it has been done in, but it has produced some fairly good initial results. The first run of this has entered some light testing, feedback has come through, and we are now on a “revision” cycle with this.

2. On the flight modeling side, we have rewritten the flap lift/drag area to provide better and more realistic results when decelerating the aircraft. Once again, this was a fair amount of work - and all areas of the flap lift/drag were reviewed and worked upon to improve the representation.

3. Rotation and immediate post-rotation behavior was reviewed and adjusted - this is also in a “revision” cycle, awaiting further testing.

4. Engine thrust has been reviewed and adjusted in conjunction with the analysis on post-rotation behavior to find better SRS pitch targets.

5. We’ve overhauled large swathes of the soundscape following feedback from the customer base.

6. There have been a number of visual bug fixes.

7. VR improvements (Dave got a headset and won’t stop talking about it)

8. 50+ system bug fixes, crash fixes, error fixes.

We are also working on more substantial product updates such as the external engine model and optimisations to our display tech that will not arrive in the next patch owing to the amount of work required, but will be making its way to you as soon as the respective items are complete and tested properly.

Finally a small company related update - having expanded the number of professional support staff on board, we have now also started to invest in hiring additional developers to work on not only the A320, but future projects!

We’re looking forward to getting this update out to you as soon as it’s ready, and thank you for your patience.

19 Likes

A very promising update report. Improving imho an already great VNAV? Wow. And I like that ending about hiring additional developers for more Fenix things to come. Happy to deduct that their A320 has been selling very well.

1 Like