[V2B2 RELEASED] Fenix High-Fidelity A320

At that point the discord won’t add anything more useful or extra than this forum, a youtube tutorial and/or review.

On virtually every flight I get the TOO STEEP PATH AHEAD message and the descent is quite aggressive.

That’s why it’s wise to start a descent about 5 nm before TOD. It starts with about 1000 fpm and then smoothly catches your VNAV profile.

3 Likes

Depending on how high your cruise altitude is you can start even earlier at around 15NM or so. That lessens the load and shock of needing to stay on profile. Lots of time as well you’ll see pilots descend below the descent path or manually manage the V/S.

2 Likes

I get this a lot too, but at least sometimes the message disappears, after ATC provides me with a via waypoint, clearing me to it and i select it as a DIRect.

I wonder if there is or should be a way to anticipate what this VIA waypoint might be, when setting up the arrival/approach on the MCDU?

If you buy Fenix, you buy absolute PERFECTION :slight_smile:

4 Likes

There are plenty of reviews available online. There are plenty of videos on YT about the Fenix. On YT, take a look at V1 Simulations or Blackbox, both real world Airbus 320 pilots. They both have hundreds of videos flying the Fenix A320. If Fenix were hiding anything…what ever that means, those two would mention it, along with the thousands of users, well using it every single day. Is the Fenix perfect in every single way? No, but neither is any plane in any flight simulator. But as far as a very accurate representation of a A320, in MSFS, it’s pretty darn close…

2 Likes

Have you tried watching any of the YouTube videos by 320 Sim Pilot? There are several and he gives his opinion. But if you don’t want to spend any money, the FBW A320neo is the best bargain in flight sim history (after the X-Plane ZIBO B737, of course).

1 Like

Thanks dears
Yes Fenix is allright but eg what I need is fps info, i am VR exclusive. Atm with my current hardware i5-8600k and Amd 6900xt the cpu is not good enough.(or Fenix too heavy on fps). Waiting for upcoming 7800x3d. Then should be good.
Yeah FBW, I can hardly press or pull the Alt knob to select managed or select mode with VR controllers ( or similar on HDG knob), one engine failed during flight out of the blue and autopilot sometimes did not want to go on again. 10 seconds before landing the full sim crashed. So a bit wonky :grinning:
Back to my Toliss A346 for now. Continue testing the FBW.

Ps, the Ini A310 was allright. Pretty nice

The Fenix cannot be flown in VR with average systems.
But this is not a graphics card limitation, when you have a weak CPU like a Zen 1 Ryzen 5 plus the necessary add-on programs for VR running (like wireless streaming connection airlink and so on) you will get 5 FPS. Don´t even try :wink:

In 2D the Fenix runs PERFECTLY and I don´t see any differences in FPS compared to the Flysimware C414 or any other aircraft.
But VR-flying in MSFS or DCS is reserved for the most expensive ultra-high-end systems only.
Which means the Amd 6900XT is one of the best graphics card, but this…
“i5-8600k”
…will probably end your VR experience.

I run the Fenix just fine in VR.
System 7950X 4090 64 gb ram
Headset G2

Also my.old system was fine with it

5900x 3080 32gb ram

1 Like

Praise the Fenix

3 Likes

Please can we get the a321 already

I find Fenix pretty good, bit heavy n FPS and it feels at busy airports with good deal of AI traffic like iniBuilds EGLL. That said, it is still very good and I love it.

I was thinking to go for PMDG 737, that gives 5-7 higher FPS but will wait for 777 to come out. EFB on PMDG is still some way out as well.

FENIX v2 will have performance improvements. They reworked the way the displays are rendered. And from what i heard, it will be a significant boost in performance.

Unfortunately we have no idea when they will release it…

3 Likes

Agreed with the above post. The Fenix A320 is a very good product that I would recommend but it’s performance isn’t up to spec at the minute. As a rough guide you can expect it to be, on average, ~ 5-10 fps less than the PMDG 737 series where there are other demands on the CPU resources. It’s hardly surprising though as that side of the product hasn’t been updated in such a long time. That update is coming, and promises much, but there is no indication as to when that might be (not even which quarter we can expect it).

Where it’s really noticeable is when you’re on the ground at 3rd party airports with an element of AI traffic on the go. If it’s just the Fenix and the vanilla sim then I’m sure you’d be fine for fps. This opinion is formed from playing in 2D 4K Ultra with a 5800x3D and a 3090 and LODS of 175/175. The screens hit performance hard, although they do give you the option to render them on the CPU or GPU with Performance / Balanced / Quality presets. If you’re CPU limited you’ll definitely need to render them on the GPU, but conversely you’ll need a GPU that can handle that. It’s worth noting that even when set to ‘Quality’ they’re not a patch on the PMDG instruments.

There are some fully paid up members of the Fenix cheer squad on this thread, hopefully that’s a more balanced opinion.

re The Discord thing, ultimately it’s up to them isn’t it? If you don’t own the product it seems fair to me that you shouldn’t be able to access the Discord server. There is more than enough opinion and resource about this add-on out there to help make your decision. Having access to the Discord server won’t be the thing that swings it one way or the other.

3 Likes

Fenix A320 is my most used aircraft in Sim at the moment. Hopefully they won’t change the texture quality for better performance to some kinds of blurry DLSS quality.

1 Like

No they wont. Its about improvements, not regression. Textures are barely a reason for bad performance these days.

1 Like

I dont know if you use DLSS but try DLSS Swapper and swap the DLSS .dll in MSFS to the latest 3.10.1 version or whatever it maybe, on my 4080 it has made a major improvement to the Quality DLSS preset, still get some ghosting at times on Glass pits, but the quality is much better.

DLSS swapper is free, safe to use, and you can revert back to the version of DLSS that shipped with the game you change. It really is very good.

I would suggest not changing games like COD if you play MP as I reckon that could end in a ban as it could be seen as an unofficial file even though it is an official NVIDIA file, but it may fail some kind of anti cheat checksum and be seen as a cheat, that is JUST MY OPINION!

2 Likes

Is it resource intensive? Sure, is it a blast to fly? Absolutely!

ACA543, YYZ - SEA @ FL360 on VATSIM.

8 Likes