[V2B2 RELEASED] Fenix High-Fidelity A320

That’s a MIGHTY setup there :astonished::clap:t2:

1 Like

I’m in need of a little assistance here if anyone can help.
I’ve been flying the Fenix since day one release and had very few issues that I’ve been unable to resolve. However this on has me completely mystified.
All of my assistance options are and have always been set to hard and to off where appropriate. I never use any assists in any of the aircraft.
Suddenly when I launch the Fenix I get these assists turning on and it going into Volocopter “mode”. Now I’m aware of what this is supposedly telling me and that is I have an assist turned on when it shouldn’t be. Well I haven’t I’ve been through them numerous times now and even re-installed the Fenix in case something got corrupted.
Has anyone else experienced this or maybe have any suggestions. Would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks.

I’ve seen this as well, no idea what is causing it yet.

Skypilot, Do you mean that this has just happened to you recently too or did you have it sometime in the past?. It was fine with me yesterday but when I came to fly this morning it happened and I swear I’d touched nothing that could have caused it to happen.

Actually a well known ‘problem’. They do it as a way of ensuring all assists are off.
Not sure when it first happened but I noticed it a couple of months ago.
Richard

1 Like

Richard my problem is that my assists are off and have never been turned on. Turning them on and off again still doesn’t clear it.

It’s there and doesn’t go away!

Remains no matter what I do. I’m thinking some file somewhere has got corrupted or something. I’ve got a backup image of the whole drive so I can re-install everything in about an hour. I’m all out of any other ideas.

Yea, just came back to report I found the thread on their Discord.

This is done intentionally as some assists conflict with the Fenix. You have to expand each category and the ones that you can adjust will be available, the ones that conflict are greyed out.

When you use the Fenix, it will automatically select Volocopter for assists options and disable what conflicts.

1 Like

Thanks Skypilot. Maybe I wasn’t taking enough notice of the Fenix assists after loading before. The FBW (and I just checked it two minutes ago) behaves differently although I was under the impression they behaved the same. I know the FBW also goes into this weird volocopter option if the assists are set wrongly. My FBW works perfectly as it always has. I’m going to give the Fenix a test flight and see what happens. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Any real Airbus pilots here?

Are the colour gradients of this Airbus cockpit correct?

Old style amber-orange glow:

New panels used after 2014 and in the Airbus NEO, similar as used by the FlyByWire team for the 320NEO:

2 Likes

For me it looks well, I flew some buses(not 32x) that had different panels in the same aircraft and sometimes huge differences between same dashes.

2 Likes

Very good! Thanks for the details, in the cockpitbuilders forum some people said the A320 has this orange-amber glow like it´s sisterplane A330, while a real pilot on Facebook said it´s pale yellow. That´s why I was unsure and made both lighting styles to choose from.

today the 320 flips 3 times uncontrol suddnly

I actually don’t understand why people rave about this aircraft so much.

Would be genuinely interested to hear what people find so great about it.

For me, the PMDG for example, is so much better, the performance is far better allowing to have the sim look better, the VNAV isn’t buggy like the FENIX, it doesn’t randomly flip over sometimes on approach and go darting around everywhere, so you aren’t constantly in fear of the flight being a waste of time.

So interested to hear why people love the Fenix so much.

1 Like

First post? Is that you Mr Randazzo? :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though, if it “flips over” or goes “darting around everywhere” it looks like you’re either doing it wrong or your system has an issue.

Edit: It might be worth checking your control mappings, particularly if you have an XBOX controller plugged in, as MSFS updates have been known to map things that you might not notice. For example, if a game controller stick has been mapped to the ailerons and you leave the controller lying upside down on the desk/floor, you are likely to get some unexpected behaviour.

5 Likes

Genuinely never had the issues you mentioned. To be fair, I’ve not flown it in a while as I’m trying to fly some of the many other planes that I keep buying (note to self to stop buyng planes), so maybe something recent has messed it up.

Performance wise, yes a little worse than PMDG 737 for me, but not so bad it’s a problem for me.

I do prefer the PMDG though - but actually that’s because of the aircraft itself and not PMDG v Fenix. I find the 737 more involving to fly and I need to be a bit more on the ball. There’s a bit less automation and it feels more like I’m flying it. For me, the A320, once properly set up, does all the hard work for you. I get the appeal of that, don’t get me wrong, but the 737 feels that bit more satisfying to successfully complete a flight.

2 Likes

I have never had a navigation or other problem with the Fenix and I have been using it since its release.

5 Likes

For me its performance is good enough (5800X3D, RTX3080). Never experienced any of the bugs you describe. So, I love the bird…

3 Likes

i have been using it since day 1 and i have never experienced any of the problems mentioned in this thread.

3 Likes