Valve Index vs G2 Performance

No it’s very smooth on my index. Biggest thing for me though was the steam VR beta update which allowed us to set a fixed FPS (see below for details)
Since that almost any game I play is basically as smooth as a normal game (especially with games such as Dirt 2 or project wingman) and the graphics settings can be pushed right up.

Its fantastic and I can’t work out how they’ve managed it but its a massive step forward for VR without any need for expensive new GPU’S/CPU
S!

MSFS takes some tweaking as well though. Turn everything off and work upwards. Turn all normal 2D settings right down and if you are using a 4K monitor don’t run it when you are in VR. Also follow some performance guides. Another thing to be aware of is that the bushflights have a bug where the game stutters when it saves so don’t worry if you find you have bad performance in that mode.

Last but not least forget the FPS counters and focus on how it feels. I have a fixed frame rate of something ridiculously low but it does not feel like that in game and in VR.

1 Like