Various installation options

Hi team,

I remember in FS2000 or so, there was an installation option where you could select your preference as a good starting position for your settings.
you could choose between
New user → all assist options on
Experienced with previous sims → some assist on but realistic flight model
Experienced Pilot-> no assist on at all.

Recently I had to re-install my simulator and I had to go through the entire process of de-selecting all the assist options. I appreciate that to the novice user this may be helpful, but for the experienced pilot this is just a nuisance.

Best regards,
Rico

In effect, auto-completing the assistance tab, right?

FSX had the option to save configuration settings, which, if implemented in 2024, would achieve the same goal, except in this case, all user-profile settings would be saved, including those in the General & Controls tabs. If a reinstall was needed, at the end you would just load the file, and you are good to go.

Another benefit of this approach is you can (& I did) have many configuration settings for different types of flying. When planning to fly a big jet between major airports, I’d lower some of the performance settings (those on the general tab in MSFS 2020), & raise others. Conversely, for bush flying in mountains, I’d do the reverse - e.g. raise terrain settings, but reduce AI traffic to near zero. I.e., I’d tune the performance of the game to the type of flying I was doing.