VATSIM traffic, lights don't sync when connecting

I just put out version 2.8.4 of vPilot, where I added a simplistic workaround for the lights issue. With this version, when an aircraft model is added to the sim, vPilot sets a 5 second timer, and when those 5 seconds elapse, it turns off all lights and then 1/10th of a second later, it turns on any lights that should be on.

So, with this workaround in place, 5 seconds after the aircraft is created, any lights that are already on will briefly turn off then back on again. From that point forward, the lights should behave normally.

I’ve been in communication with the Asobo dev team, and they will make the necessary changes in the next update. Since we don’t know when that will be, I thought it was best to release this workaround in the meantime.

If this workaround doesn’t help, please let me know. It does the trick on my system, but if you have a slower computer (or a slow hard drive) and it takes longer than 5 seconds to load an aircraft model, then the workaround might “fire” too soon and you still won’t get lights for that aircraft.

13 Likes