VATSIM VPilot useage

Has anyone gotten VATSIM to work? I’ve not seen anything about vpilot…

Yes vPilot works fine, but the sim has severe performance issues with external applications that use the Simconnect API.

Frame skipping and stutters, basically.

1 Like

Yes I connect to VATSIM just fine. VPilot works. There is a bug though it will cut your performance in about half

1 Like

Thanks, is the vpilot information on the vatsim page?

Would it work to put VatSim on a laptop or another computer? That will keep your desktop free from other demanding programs.

1 Like

Yes it is, just click pilots, and then software

No, since it is a bug with Simconnect itself

1 Like

Really hope they address this in the coming patch. You’d think a sudden cut of frame rates would be caught before announcing that it’s available. Ah well.

vPilot also needs to ‘see’ when MSFS is then running, so I don’t see if vPilot is on another computer how that would work.

1 Like

This is how you run vPilot over a network!
https://vpilot.metacraft.com/Documentation#networking

Is there any way to get the user’s name/callsign to display in the sim when connecting using V Pilot?
I know you can do that in xplane

Haven’t seen the availability for that, I’m sure it will be added in future. Also, what settings are you running while connecting to vatism. For example Multiplayer OFF and Live traffic OFF

It’s been awhile but from memory you have to have live time and day turned on. I don’t think much else matters but I believe that live weather should be on also. Multiplayer off yes. It is like you are flying with the built-in ATC only you are not using the built-in ATC, you are using a PTT button set in the vPilot settings to ‘key’ your mike and then you just speak what you want to say to ATC, except a live person hears you. You do not have to have a mic to make this work as you can type into vPilot, but a headset with mic works best.

Can you check that page (doesn’t exists) or post pls info how set vPilot over network to connect from 2-nd PC/NTB?

Huh, weird. That link is from the official vPilot documentation, which seems to be down at the moment. Follow this thread I made on the VATSIM forums for further updates.

EDIT: It’s back up now!

1 Like

Thnx for info…

Update: perfect working from my NTB! Thnx again for info…