Velocity One Trim Wheel Randomly Pegs full nose down

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

the trim wheel moves on it’s own with no in put, the movement range is 20 up and 20 down then the wheel moves back 11 ? by it self the wheel should have 3 full turns to go to 100, the problems lays with the software, it works on xbox not pc same version 1.31.22.0

This only happens for me with one aircraft, the IRIS Simulations Jabiru. If I move the trim wheel, it moves the aircraft trim lever instantly full nose down. Interestingly enough, it doesn’t do the same with the trim switch on the yoke and acts as it should.

Can’t reproduce. happens at random, but happens often.

The issue is as the original filer described. Full elevator trim 100% down. plane in taiispin. Often happens after a long flight on approach.

the trim wheel is not broken its the software I have tried V1F and a thrusmaster hotas 1flight and get the same result with the trim wheel on pc win 11 works ok on xbox series x

1 Like

Same issue. Very annoying. Can’t be fixed with sensitivity settings.
The only way I’ve managed to circumvent it is by spawning on ground, switching to the external camera and re-trimming to 0% once it inevitably jumps on the slightest touch. That seems to fix it for the duration of the flight session.

The problem is that the stick “saves” the trim state. So if you are manually trimmed at say -5 % and then turn on the AP, which trims to +5 %, the stick doesn’t “know” this. So when you turn off the AP and touch the trim wheel on the stick, the trim instantly goes back to whatever it was when you last used it - in this example -5 % - which causes a nose down effect.

This is the problem I have with the stick anyway.

Exactly, this is what I have been saying all the time.
I have a workaround for this.

1. JUST BEFORE disengaging the autopilot on final approach, move the trim wheel just slightly for it to save the new/current trim wheel position of your plane
  2. THEN disengage the autopilot and proceed with your approach.

When you move your trimwheel after this simple procedure it will not nosedive on you.

2 Likes

I have read all the above posts and I have had all of the above issues - the trim wheel nose dives, the static sound, the randow Xbox turning on and I will add another one. Whenever I am flying and I want some Airport or Waypoint info from the ATC - the Virtual keyboard appears and as soon as I press the Enter key on the Virtual Keyboard - the engines of the Plane I am flying cut out and the Plane drops from the sky. Even if I am on the tarmac and I call up the Virtual keyboard - hitting the Enter key shuts the engines down. I have checked all of the Bindings and that is not the issue. Very interesting stuff going on with the Velocity One.

I have ‘active pause’ programmed to an easily accessible button. As soon as it happens, I hit active pause…adjust trim wheel to 0, move all of the axis to be sure everything is covered (rudder, yoke. ailerons) I can then generally recover from the dive. Doesn’t work if you are only a few hundred feet above the ground. Not enough time. Annoying, particularly when you know Microsoft could fix it by making sure the trim wheel does not re-set to extremes under any situation. They set it properly at the beginning of a flight so it can be done.

Happens random even without using AP

Sudden full elevator trim down midflight causing to crash

on velocity one yoke trim goes mid flight to -100% which causes a crash. Happens on every flight above 30 mins.

1 Like

I started copying all my aircraft controller profiles deleting the trim wheel (which I will miss using). Problem solved. No more race to pitch up and retrim on short final before greasing the weeds. While I had gotten quite proficient in that unscheduled maneuver after many attempts, it no longer happens. Now I use the electric trim on the yoke (as I have always done alongside the trim wheel) exclusively and enjoy the transition from flight on AP to hand flying approaches and landings. PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

I’ve also witnessed and reported some anomalous behavior with the trim wheel axis (L-axis 11) and the JN-4 Jenny (e.g., reversed nose up and nose down) that does not happen with other trim input means like the Xbox controller. Something weird is happening between that trim wheel axis and the sim.

I’ve had my trim axis reversed on a couple of aircraft since the last update.

Do you recall which airplanes?

Ive also been getting this issue using the V1 yoke on Xbox. According to the TB discord, they are aware and are exploring the issue. Until then, I have just unassigned the trim wheel and only use electric trim on the hat switch. Not ideal given that this unit cost me £350. But I guess we will just have to wait for a fix in the next update… whenever that may be!

I fully agree with your observations. trim down bug happens only when used with rudder pedals. I also get random console power on when yoke is connected. Static on headphone jack is also present- makes jack unusable for me. I have a flightstick and have no issues when using it with rudder, however I haven’t tried using it parallel with yoke. I believe that trim down bug is related with some buffer overflow, or some other memory leak inside yoke fimware. EMC is not so obvious for me conserning trim down bug.

If you create an empty flightstick profile it shouldn’t interfere with yoke controls. I connect headphones through flightstick too. Can’t believe they still haven’t fixed the issues.

I agree with what you say regarding the AP and the trim wheel, I’ve experienced it and it’s reasonably easy to recover, but I’ve also had the trim go full nose down while not in AP flight, happened tonight while doing the red bull challenge. I think that something weird happens with the quadrant at times as I’ve also had the random button presses (I’ve now taken all flight critical buttons off the quadrant).

Edit - I’ve also had a few times where flying on autopilot it appears the trim has tried to go to -30 and the autopilot has immediately corrected it, seems to occur on approach.

1 Like

Can anyone with the SU13 beta installed comment on whether you’re still getting the runaway trim bug?

2 Likes